Corsair Community

Corsair H115i VS H110i What's the advantage? Also, LED 4-PIN Fans? Are they sold?

Digital_Fuzion

What is the advantage of having the Hydro Series H115i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler VS Hydro Series H110i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler? Also, why isn't there any 4-Pin PWM LED radiator fans on the market besides the 3-pin LED fans sold by corsair? You loose Corsair Link when you run 3-pin fans on the 4-pin Molex header cable. And is the tech industry trying to move from 3-pin to 4-Pin fans? Is this what is trending technically now days? Like USB 2.0 now we have USB 3.0 3-pin now 4-pin?

They are rebadges.

H80i GT -> H80i V2

H100i GTX -> H100i V2

H110i GT -> H110i

H110i GTX -> H115i

In addition to the renaming, the H115i fan spacing has been corrected to our standard 15mm to increase compatibility with our older cases, and all the new products have the new logo and packaging.

/r/Corsair/comments/43798c/corsair_h100i_gtx_vs_h100i_v2/

Based off the list below, I would suggest the H110i as if i recall correctly, it should have 'better' firmware than the H115i e.g. allow you to change which fans the grouped at, the LED temperature lighting, etc.

Unfortunately, There are no retail PWM SP120/SP140 fans.

The H115i has newer firmware than the 110i GTX though, I have found no problem with its performance. You can make fan profiles off of many different sources like CPU Package or any CPU core you want as well as other temps like CPUTIN. Shoot if you are crazy you can even make the fan profile off your graphics card temps. The only thing you can't control via a temperature custom profile is the pump speeds. You have to set it to either quiet or performance. But honestly I can't hear performance anyway so I really have no issue with out to configure the H115i's with Corsairlink. Also once you have the profile set how you want it you can save it to the device and not even have to run the CorsairLink software if you don't want to.

http://imgur.com/a/btdWS

In that post red-ray links he says this - this may be so for older models of the Asetek devices but the new H115i some of these are wrong:

1.CoolIT H110i + H110iGT have two and H100i + H80i have four fan controllers, all Asetek only have one.

2.CoolIT can use any temperature source, Asetek can only use the Cooler Temperature. - This is not true for the H115i, you can set it off of many sources

3.CoolIT firmware can be updated, Asetek can't - I'm not sure if this is true on the H115i possibly

4.CoolIT lights have far more functionality than the Asetek . - The lights can be set to a static color and a second color if temp is over a certain amount so it is a bit limited

5.CoolIT reports the pump speed to CPU_FAN, Asetek reports a fan speed. - the H115i report the pump speed to the CPU_FAN header, though it shows the quiet pump as about 960rpm and performance about 1450rpm which CorsairLink shows the pump at 1900 and 2900 at those speeds.

6.CoolIT use the standard Microsoft HID Device Driver, Asetek need a special Device Driver. - It used a HID driver, I didn't have to install any special driver. Looking at device manager its only a MS HID driver.

The H100i V2 also uses the same newer firmware as my H115i so the above may apply to that device as well.

The H115i has newer firmware than the 110i GTX though, I have found no problem with its performance. You can make fan profiles off of many different sources like CPU Package or any CPU core you want as well as other temps like CPUTIN. Shoot if you are crazy you can even make the fan profile off your graphics card temps. The only thing you can't control via a temperature custom profile is the pump speeds. You have to set it to either quiet or performance. But honestly I can't hear performance anyway so I really have no issue with out to configure the H115i's with Corsairlink. Also once you have the profile set how you want it you can save it to the device and not even have to run the CorsairLink software if you don't want to.

http://imgur.com/a/btdWS

In that post red-ray links he says this - this may be so for older models of the Asetek devices but the new H115i some of these are wrong:

1.CoolIT H110i + H110iGT have two and H100i + H80i have four fan controllers, all Asetek only have one.

2.CoolIT can use any temperature source, Asetek can only use the Cooler Temperature. - This is not true for the H115i, you can set it off of many sources

3.CoolIT firmware can be updated, Asetek can't - I'm not sure if this is true on the H115i possibly

4.CoolIT lights have far more functionality than the Asetek . - The lights can be set to a static color and a second color if temp is over a certain amount so it is a bit limited

5.CoolIT reports the pump speed to CPU_FAN, Asetek reports a fan speed. - the H115i report the pump speed to the CPU_FAN header, though it shows the quiet pump as about 960rpm and performance about 1450rpm which CorsairLink shows the pump at 1900 and 2900 at those speeds.

6.CoolIT use the standard Microsoft HID Device Driver, Asetek need a special Device Driver. - It used a HID driver, I didn't have to install any special driver. Looking at device manager its only a MS HID driver.

The H100i V2 also uses the same newer firmware as my H115i so the above may apply to that device as well.

I don't have a H115i, but looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=839550 you will see we were told the firmware has not changed. I am 100% sure the H100iV2 does not use a HID driver and will be surprised if the H115i does.

From the image you posted I can't see what driver is being used, though it seems strange that the H115i Temperature is not offered as a temperature source.

Were you to post the SIV [Link Devices] + [Link Status] panels I could tell more.

@red-ray it does, it just didn't show in that screenshot, it was cut off I guess when I took it with Alt+Print Screen. See this one shows the full list. The H115i temp which is the default CorsairLink profile uses is at the bottom there but I'm using CPU Package. Second screenshot of your SIV software, is that what you wanted?

http://i.imgur.com/fu0Oen0.png

http://i.imgur.com/12B9zaa.png

@red-ray it does, it just didn't show in that screenshot, it was cut off I guess when I took it with Alt+Print Screen. See this one shows the full list. The H115i temp which is the default CorsairLink profile uses is at the bottom there but I'm using CPU Package. Second screenshot of your SIV software, is that what you wanted?

Thank you. I have just checked my H80iGT with CL 4.3.2.42 and it does not offer any groups, so I guess the firmware must have been changed even though Corsair said it had not.

The SIV panel tell me it's using the special USB Device Driver rather than a HID driver. To get [Link Status] you need to exit CL before running SIV for the reasons given on [Link Devices]. If you be good if you did this and posted the screen shot do I can see if SIV reports your H115i.

Is this what you wanted?

Thank you, it's close but I need to see what [Link Status] + [Link Fans] report as they contain the actual readings. I suspect they will be there as SIV managed to read the firmware version:biggrin:.

How many fans does CL4 report? I suspect just one from the height of the H115i box.

Just shows 1 fan as they are just connected by a Y adapter I'm sure it can only see one RPM.

Thank you. This is the first time I have seen SIV report a H115i, so I guess the firmware can't be that different :cool:.

I assume CL4 also only reports one fan speed.

Thank you. This is the first time I have seen SIV report a H115i, so I guess the firmware can't be that different :cool:.

I assume CL4 also only reports one fan speed.

Yes only 1 fan, the pump and the H115i temp far right. I notice though that CorsairLink as well as CPUID's HWMonitor detect some of the FAN's 2x. If you look at that screenshot for instance Fan 1 and 4 are the same fan detected 2x. Fan 2 and 5 are the H115i pump RMP as I can see them both change when i change the pump speed from low to high in sync. Fan 3 and 6 are the same fan and one of my case fans is missing all together.

AIDA64 Extreme though seems to detect them all individually and correctly. AIDA64 Exteme I use and they recently added CorsairLink sensor support to that so I can see the H115i fan speed and pump speed in there now as well as the temperature.

http://i.imgur.com/K5CnRrY.png

Archived