Corsair Community

RM750 Link Feature

dmacgregor

I just purchased and installed an RM750 PSU.

I am very impressed with the build quality.

I discovered the Link feature after I purchased it and would like to use it.

I am not sure how to connect it to my PC, however.

I plugged the Link cable into the PSU but I am not sure where to plug the other end.

I read an article on Guru3d about this feature and they made reference to plugging it into a USB header on my motherboard.

However, the 2 USB 2.0 headers on my motherboard are standard 10-pin USB headers and the Link cable has 2 connectors - one 3 pin and one 2-pin.

Is this cable meant to be plugged directly into the motherboard or do I need another piece of Link hardware?

Thank you.

Doug

I found what I was looking for and your link points right to it.

I ordered one yesterday.

I don't know why Corsair doesn't include the cable with the PSU. Maybe because the margins are so small or because some people wouldn't buy the cable and instead buy a LInk commander.

At any rate, thanks Peanutz94.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the cable and connected it to the USB header on my motherboard and booted into Win7.

After booting I received a balloon help error message in my System Tray that said there is a USB device that is not recognized and to try reconnecting it.

I connected it to the other USB header on the motherboard and I got the same message.

Why is this thing not working?

Did you accept the drivers installed by the software? Or did you even see that. Every time I've installed the software I've had a box pop up regarding the driver installer, no matter what version.

I wonder where corsair hide the driver installer these days. Used to be able to find it in the main program folder, or in appdata. There's no point going further til you get it recognised.

By the way, when installing a diferent version you should really delete the Corsair folder from C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming and reboot before installing the new.

Only thing I can suggest is uninstall the software, delete that folder, reboot, install.

No, I did not see any message about installing the drivers...just a software installation window showing the progress and the various files being installed.

I will do what you suggest re:uninstalling the software and deleting the folders and rebooting.

One question...do I leave the PSU connected to the USB connector on the motherboard during all of this?

Thanks.

yh I think it needs to be connected for the install. Hmm, need someone more knowledgeable about the software to interject - now would be a good time!

I've never tried installing the software without a corsairlink compatible device installed, so maybe that's why I'm getting the driver installer popup. Can only suggest trying that way.

I don't know why they don't test these things before they ship them.

When I check the properties for the unknown USB device, it says it's a Microsoft driver.

I will be requesting a replacement dongle.

it isnt that its defective parts,its the countless # of different system builds that their installed on,which is something that cant really be controlled by corsair.

Archived