Corsair Community

Is there any way to prevent keycap degradation?

Riekopo

I have a two month old Corsair K70 RGB keyboard. For some reason the keycaps are already starting to get worn down and are starting to shine. This is pretty annoying since it's not old and I paid a lot of money for it. I've already gotten the spacebar replaced. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Can the keycaps be coated with something to protect them?

I think the keycaps are made from ABS plastic which is cheap, but prone to damage. Are there any keycaps that are made from the more durable PBT plastic?

I have a two month old Corsair K70 RGB keyboard. For some reason the keycaps are already starting to get worn down and are starting to shine. This is pretty annoying since it's not old and I paid a lot of money for it. I've already gotten the spacebar replaced. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Can the keycaps be coated with something to protect them?

I think the keycaps are made from ABS plastic which is cheap, but prone to damage. Are there any keycaps that are made from the more durable PBT plastic?

depending where you live surely you can just get corsair to replace them FREE. Thats one of the great things about living in the UK we have this great sales of goods act, that says things must be as described, fit for purpose and last a resonable amount of time REGARDLESS of what the manufacturers warranty is.

I don't think you can get PBT plastic to be clear. http://deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_construction

Something like this is probably the best you're going to be able to do. http://keypuller.com/pbt-pom-double-shot-by-vortex/

I was told on Reddit that the bottom row of that doesn't fit Corsair keyboards because Corsair keyboards use a non standard bottom row.

Archived