Corsair Community

2 pieces of bad ram (XMS series)

memj

Both are 512 MB DDR, one platinum series 400MHZ xms3202v1.2, other is xms3202v1.2

On 2 of my machines I had problems, formatting did not fix the problems, so I ran memtest on both of them. Many bad sectors were found on both pieces of ram. I am 100 percent sure that they are both defective.

When I bought the memory, it advertised a "lifetime warranty". I do not see why I am forced to jump through these hoops to get an RMA number.

The forums are only 1 way to obtain an RMA. You can always call them @ 1-888-222-4346 8:30 to 5:30 PST M-F, or email rma@corsairmemory.com.

What is the part # of each stick?

How To Read the Memory Label

What CPU / FSB / motherboard did you test them with? Did you test one stick at a time? Are the slots known to be good, i.e. does other memory test fine in the same slot?

The forums are only 1 way to obtain an RMA. You can always call them @ 1-888-222-4346 8:30 to 5:30 PST M-F, or email rma@corsairmemory.com.

What is the part # of each stick?

How To Read the Memory Label

What CPU / FSB / motherboard did you test them with? Did you test one stick at a time? Are the slots known to be good, i.e. does other memory test fine in the same slot?

Part numbers are 0330048 and 023768

I tested them individually on an asus a7n8x mb with a 2600+ AMD cpu

I know the slots are good because im using the same slots right now with different pieces of corsair memory (which passes the memtest just fine)

Archived