Corsair Community

How to add more SP120's to 460X?

ILSMKU

I just purchased the 460X case and would like to add additional SP120 RGB fans to it. I would like add 3 total.

Two for my top mount radiator and one for the rear exhaust.

How do I add three more fans?

What if Im out of motherboard 3 pin FAN headers?

Can someone please explain what I need to buy to add three more SP120 RGB fans?

THank you in advance!

Hello there!

You can easily add in 3 additional SP120 fans by mounting them, hooking them up (in a series) to the 6-port fan hub, and then purchasing a Commander Pro for absolute fan control. This will allow you to power all 6 fans with not only lighting control, but fan speed control as well. Hook up your 6-port lighting hub directly to the Commander Pro and you can control your lights with software. No need to use the external controller!

Hello there!

You can easily add in 3 additional SP120 fans by mounting them, hooking them up (in a series) to the 6-port fan hub, and then purchasing a Commander Pro for absolute fan control. This will allow you to power all 6 fans with not only lighting control, but fan speed control as well. Hook up your 6-port lighting hub directly to the Commander Pro and you can control your lights with software. No need to use the external controller!

The 6 port fan hub that came in my case is not 3 or 4 pin fan connections? It has THREE open ports. But what those wires go too are not to the FANs themselves.

My 3 SP120 RGB fans are connected to the motherboard FAN headers.

So if I need three more fans, how exactly do I add them?

Can I just buy a three pack of SP120's Does it have all I need to attach to the fan RGB hub in my 460X?

Or do I NEED to buy a command pro.

Everything I read online shows this to be a cluster to do.

What exactly do I need to purchase to add THREE more SP120 RGB fans to my 460X case that I Have NO MORE FAN headers on my MB for fans to attach too.

Archived