Corsair Community

AX850, lost cables

joehsmash

Hey,

i have an old ax850 power supply that i cannot find the cables for that came out of my old gaming pc, i want to use it for a power supply for a 3d printer.

is there any one here that can help me figure out which pins i need to short out on the actual power supply to turn it on? than i need a couple 12v feeds out of it.

i have the cables from an RM 850 that i can bastardize to make work.

TY in advance.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I have done the initial research, and as such have become aware of the paper clip method. The problem that I see is that this method works well on non modular power supplies which have the wires attached and colour coded.

The ax850 is a modular psu, so it has nothing but harness clips on the front of the unit. also I don't have the origional cables that came with the psu any more so I will have to paperclip the actual power supply.

As stated in my origional post.

I am hoping that some one here can advise me on which pins I need to clip that will allow it to actually turn on? Which pin specifically is the mother board signaling pin? I could just ground it out to the frame.

Also if I could locate a pin out diagram so that I can know which clips I can use to get my 12v out of it.

Awesome pin out diagram, I'm not sure why it didn't come up when I googled it, sorry for wasting your time with that one...

Out of those pins which one do I need to jumper to ground in order to mimic the feed back loop from the motherboard? Any of the 3.3v? Or does it need to be a specific one?

Archived