Corsair Community

RGB Vengeance on ASUS X299 Corsair Link

duh1nonly

Hello!

I cannot see/control the LEDs of my CORSAIR RGB Vengeance kit in CORSAIR LINK on my brand new ASUS X299 TUF Mobo.

Reading the FAQ is says some ASUS boards need to have "Speed Write" enabled to see the LEDs in CORSAIR LINK. I do not see that setting ANYwhere in my mobo BIOS. I also downloaded the mobo user manual and did a search for "SPD" and could not find Speed/SPD write mentioned anywhere.

Corsair Link (V4.7.0.77) only displays this info for my RAM-Frequency, tRC, tRP, tRAS, and CR speed settings.

I have the newest BIOS for my mobo installed (0402).

Any suggestions/fixes?

Thank you in advance for any help!

-Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Just returned my G.Skill memory for this exact reason, and now the Corsair memory I purchased has the same issue lol.

No winning in this situation.

Any ETA on this?

Can't promise an ETA unfortunately. However, it's likely to make it into a CL4 update sooner rather than later.

I was able to change color on Vengeance RGB DRAM on my wife's rig. ASUS X299 TUF Mark 1, i7-7800X, 32GB DRAM (4x 8GB). I loaded ASUS Aura to set the MB LED color to green, and noticed I could link the DRAM. I was able to change the color, but only in static mode, not any of the effects. This was what we wanted to match her green 570X case fans and the green GTX logo on the 1080ti, so we are good. Thought I would pass it along as I was waiting for the BIOS update like everyone else (still at 0402 as of this post), but this worked for us. SPD WRT is no where to be found on this MB BIOS, I looked. Try ASUS AURA instead of Corsair Link to change the DRAM color and see if it works for you. You can find AURA in the download section of the ASUS support page for the X299 TUF.

I was able to change color on Vengeance RGB DRAM on my wife's rig. ASUS X299 TUF Mark 1, i7-7800X, 32GB DRAM (4x 8GB). I loaded ASUS Aura to set the MB LED color to green, and noticed I could link the DRAM. I was able to change the color, but only in static mode, not any of the effects. This was what we wanted to match her green 570X case fans and the green GTX logo on the 1080ti, so we are good. Thought I would pass it along as I was waiting for the BIOS update like everyone else (still at 0402 as of this post), but this worked for us. SPD WRT is no where to be found on this MB BIOS, I looked. Try ASUS AURA instead of Corsair Link to change the DRAM color and see if it works for you. You can find AURA in the download section of the ASUS support page for the X299 TUF.

I have almost the exact same setup but it definitely didn't work for me. I'm in static mode, motherboard and vga are the only sync'd options and all are set to green.

Am I missing something?

aura.png.a46ed1f0eeaca19697e59928e8e1eab3.png

• Corsair Employee
I have almost the exact same setup but it definitely didn't work for me. I'm in static mode, motherboard and vga are the only sync'd options and all are set to green.

Am I missing something?

You likely need to enable SPD Write in the BIOS.

Great find!! ASUS AURA software was able to control my Vengeance RGB on an ASUS prime x299-deluxe. For me, the the effects work as well! I'm on BIOS 0402 and using AURA version 1.05.09.

• Corsair Employee
Considering a return of this 64gb ram.

Just can't wait much longer on this and it seems no progress is being made and no updates are being provided.

You can still use ASUS Aura in the mean time. Otherwise, all that can be done is wait until CL4 receives an update with support on X299.

You likely need to enable SPD Write in the BIOS.

I must be losing it. I looked all over the BIOS in the Dram Timing Control section and I don't see Dram SPD Write setting.

Mobo is ASUS x299 TUF Mark 1, updated BIOS to 0503 and still nothing. Looking at this sheet, http://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/memory/guides/tridentzrgb_asus_x99_enable_rgb_control.pdf, I navigated to the same section and it isn't present.

Any idea why it wouldn't be there?

Any idea why it wouldn't be there?

1. AFAIK SPD Write is always enabled and there is no BIOS option to change this.
  2. I recently added support to support to my SIV utility to control the LEDs of Corsair RGB LED DIMMs and it just worked without any BIOS options needing to be changed.
  3. Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=914592 you should see this worked on a ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 system and I just checked and it has BIOS 0503 Date: 07/11/2017.
  4. The SIV Menu->Hardware->Chipset->Chipset MCH panel will also report if SMBus write is disabled and below it's not as the SMB_DIS_WRT check boxes are not checked.
  5. For SIV to control Corsair RGB LED DIMM LEDs you need to use SIV 5.22 Beta-12 or later.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30607&stc=1&d=1502170787

680087637_X299SMB_DIS_WRT.thumb.png.feace71f251e196f93b8337b992a8e75.png

I've confirmed using SIV that spd write is enabled.

I've downloaded the SIV 5.22 Beta-14 and configured it to run with '-AIOCTL -SINGLE' qualifiers.

I've also confirmed corsair link service is not running in the task manager.

When I go to Status -> Link LEDs I get the message "AIO Link LEDs is Not Available", Error 1168 Element not found.

Any idea?

1926107084_siverror1168.thumb.png.f66fdfa01327724a4092b0325fe3ed9f.png

I've confirmed using SIV that spd write is enabled.

I've downloaded the SIV 5.22 Beta-14 and configured it to run with '-AIOCTL -SINGLE' qualifiers.

When I go to Status -> Link LEDs I get the message "AIO Link LEDs is Not Available", Error 1168 Element not found.

So far so good, but you also need -AIOLED, so '-AIOCTL -AIOLED -SINGLE', see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888742

I decided to only enable DIMM LED control when -AIOLED is specified to allow for users who wish to use ASUS AURA to control their DIMM LEDs.

That brought up the screen. I don't see a way to set the colors them selves. I can manipulate them by setting the led display mode to temperature and adjusting the temperature until it has the shade of green I want. Then I switched back to static and it stayed.

How can I edit what Colour #0 is that is used for static?

Thanks for the help!

1367910102_sivaiolinkleds.thumb.png.0817f30088b87f92e305e4526a4790bc.png

Archived