Corsair Community

V2100 Connectivity Problem?

MoQ

I have had my headset for about 2 weeks now. The entire time I have been experiencing 'drops' in audio for up to a minute at a time.

I'll just have music or a game going or w/ever, and randomly the audio will just cut out on the headset. Usually I get about 8-20 minutes of solid sound before a drop happens. When a drop does happen, the usb dongle usually starts flashing for a little while, then goes solid again right when the sound kicks back on. Drops usually last only 20 seconds, but can be up to 2 minutes at the most extreme...

The usb dongle is stationed less than a meter away from my head.

I have tried using it without the connection cable, but that doesn't help either.

I thought it might have been the wireless router on the other side of the house, but the problem still persists after turning off the wireless. I also don't keep my phone at my desk either anymore. Is there a way to switch to a more robust channel, or should I return my set or see if I can get help from the warranty?

• 2 weeks later...
I tried using every port, but none of them helped. And it took a while, but I was able to find my laptop to test it on. Still got drops, but it seemed like maybe they were happening less often? About every ten minutes on the laptop.

I'm having a similar problem, I've had mine for close to a year now but now they are starting to act up, I have microcuts in the connection (1-2 second cuts). I'm thinking of making use of my warranty but I wanna make sure that I can't fix it myself first. Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this?

@MoQ

It may be a faulty USB dongle.Put in a support ticket, explain your issue and upload a picture of the invoice for proof of purchase. Corsair should be able to send you a replacement dongle if it is faulty.

@DrVitoti

Have you tried different USB ports?

Does the issue occur on another computer?

Do you have any wireless devices near the dongle and headset?

@MoQ

It may be a faulty USB dongle.Put in a support ticket, explain your issue and upload a picture of the invoice for proof of purchase. Corsair should be able to send you a replacement dongle if it is faulty.

Thanks Toasted, I actually did that a while ago and they've already shipped out the replacement unit.

No, these issues are not common to everyone who buys the headset.

The threads here in this forum may seem like the V2100 is faulty, but this forum is mainly where people who are experiencing problems with their Corsair device come asking for help or want their questions answered by the forum community. Most of the time, people who are happy with their Corsair device rarely come here to post since they do not come across any issues.

Archived