Corsair Community

Backlight Keycaps With Numbers & Symbols centered on the top of the keys

Medieval Nerd

Howdy there,

I've been looking around to try and find symbol and numeric keypad keys that have their symbols/numbers/icons centered on the top part of the key. Considering that the LEDs are on the top of the key, I would prefer that the "1 Key" has the "1" and the "!" side by side on the top, rather than the stacked design.

I saw some keyboards that do have it setup like this, but I haven't been able to find Cherry MX keycaps that are sold seperately like that.

Any fellow keyboard enthusiasts have suggestions of places to look for these types of Keycaps?

I too was looking for several weeks for keycaps of that kind - there aren`t any out there to buy. (searched for replacement-caps for Logitech G710)

All you can get is completely transparent caps with the chars on the front of the caps what does not make sense as you want the chars to be lit.

I cannot imagine why so many companies with lit keyboards use such a stupid layout as it is obviously not working with a LED on top.

I know i.e. the Gigabyte Osmium, they do it as you describe, all chars on top the cap side by side.

Unortunately they only offer it with MX-Red - they ended production of this kb with MX-Brown - I don`t like MX-Reds.

Alternative - Logitech G910 - LEDs in the middle - used it for 2 weeks - lightning is really perfect. However I did not get used to less space between the caps than most other keyboards have, so had to sell it again. A pitty, really liked it - lightning is superb.

I now left the hunt for a good lit KB - every one I tried had its issues - most of the time lightning.

Last option the Corsair RGBs currently with too many issues for this lot of money besides Corsair cannot offer them with MX-bue and I go now with a simple Cherry MX 3.0 with MX-blue and a LED-lamp clipped to the monitor. Mediacontrol-keys will be done via Autohotkey-script and putting them on the never used Print-Scroll-Pause keys. Volumebuttons already are in place on this keyboard.

Yes, you get it, I absolutely do not like the FN+Fxx-solution so many other highpriced mechanical keyboards offer - putting the FN at the right lower end is also something so stupid I never will understand how any designer can ask for getting paid for his (this) work.

Maybe I will try a RGB later on in a few months when issues are sorted out and price has come down to something more realistic as I like the Ks in principle.

As exclusiv use of Cherry-RGB-switches runs out there is a good chance prices will get more comsumer-friendly.

Oops, realized I went off the track - sorry for that.

• 2 months later...

A perfect solution is the Deck Legend keyboard keycaps. The numbers and symbols are side by side and slightly staggered vertically. Unfortunately Deck does not sell the keycaps. I can't for the life of my understand why some other backlit keyboard manufacturer does not produce a similar product cause they would likely sell loads of them overnight.

I happen to own a Deck legend and I am thinking strongly about exchanging keys with my K95 RGB.

See the attatched image of the Deck Legend keys and notice how the numbers and symbols are well lit.

Deck3.jpg.6f68b9252896217cf00acd370df99c32.jpg

Archived