Corsair Community

FieldUpdater v1.1 found no SSDs /w Win7 x64

stilkunst

I got 2 Geforce GT 120GB, one /w FW 1.3.3 and one /w FW 1.3.2.

I use the first one as boot Disc /w Win 7 x64 Prof, SP 1. The second one will be used for temp-files of Adobe Suites.

Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79 with newest BIOS and drivers.

SATA Mode is AHCI.

Boot: During Win start sequence sometimes HDD-LED goes permanently on, system stops (frozen?), reboot neccessary.

Same sometimes by using SSD access.

ATTO Bench shows transfer rates up to 510 MB/sec read/write on both SSDs. Fine!

AS SSD bench: SSD freeze (LED on) during test on 2nd GT120GB FW 1.3.2

Want to update firmware. Read all hints here and downloaded the correct updater file for GT 120GB. Executet as admin, prog starts, but the scan will not be executed. The list of SSDs is empty.

- How can i update the firmeware of the second SSD? Any idea? (without reinstall the system, if possible?)

- Why "stops" the system during SSD access somtimes?

Thx, reiner

Thx,

but SSDs are still plugged into the Intel ports 1+2 (brown 6GB/s).

BIOS and Systeminfo show OK. No troubles.

The fieldUpdater Prog does not show any message (like "scanning" or so) - the prog works fine (buttons rescan, about and exit work) but the list is empty.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2575077

I installed this fix... And for 48hrs I haven't had a hiccup at all.

I tested all the hints given in this forum to resolve the freezing problem, which is definitly NOT acceptable in an very expensive production environment --- without success.

But now, I installed the fix today too. Both of my 2 Force GT 120GB had the freezing issue. One is firmware 1.3.2, the other is 1.3.3 (installed at a very new system with newest BIOS and drivers).

After Hotfix install I run several boot sequences and different apps like After Effects (lot of I/Os where freezing happend sometimes). Up to now I have no freezes.

Thx, bhhurdler1, for this hint.

I hope, from now on it will work fine without any side effects...

Regards, Reiner

I hope, from now on it will work fine without any side effects...

Bad news: it doesn't work for me. I got freezes during Windows Start at different points and during working with apps.

Okay. The Hotfix can only be active AFTER Windows start (it is an Windows fix). But cannot see a really success.

It seems to be, that the number of freezes is less, if the system is "warm". Freezes are more often after a longer shutdown time.

@stilkunst: It would be great if this Hotfix has fixed your issues. Anyway, I would prefer to have both SSDs at the same firmware revision. 1.3.3 has fixed some freezing issues.

I will do it, but it is not possible to do so. The FieldUpdater v1 for the firmware shows only an empty list. I cannot select my SSDs to update the firmware (see my threat here: FieldUpdater v1.1 found no SSDs /w Win7 x64 )

Lost another day to figure out a solution ... :[pouts:

Regards, Reiner

Your second drive is the one which needs to be upgraded? I would suggest to do the following:

- Plug the SSD which needs to be upgraded into the very first Intel SATA3 port

- Disconnect all other drives (except ODD if needed)

- Boot from Hiren's Boot CD or into Windows 7 32bit repair console

- Run the firmware upgrade

- Confirm that upgrade was succesfully flashed (rescan drives)

- Perform SecureErase with PartedMagic (will delete any data)

- Clear CMOS

- Reconnect all drives like you had beforehand

Archived