Corsair Community

Need help understanding custom effects

NerfScuttler

So I wanted to try and make some animations on my fans but I cant get this to make any sense. If I want to light up leds one after another I cant make that happen precisely. To try and explain:

I add a new effect and put it to the "solid" under the custom tab. I want this led to stay on for half a second, so I add a lighting object in the graph and limit it to only stay on from 0.0 sec to 0.5 sec, the animation is set to last for one second. This means the led will be on for 0.5 seconds and then be off for 0.5 seconds. Now I want another led to be on when the first led is off so I copy the effect and move the last "point" on the graph to 1.0 sec and the first "point" on the graph to 0.5 sec. Now these two leds should alternate on and off right? as in the first led will be on for 0.5 seconds, and then the second led should be on for 0.5 seconds. This is not what is happening though, the leds are on for 0.5 seconds and off for another 0.5 seconds, but they are not alternating.

It seems to me that the "time" on the graphs are not synched between the effects. This results in the "on time" for the leds overlapping, making it impossible for me to set up an animation where the leds will be on and off at specific times to create the animation. What am I doing wrong here? Is there something I have misunderstood? How can I go about making custom animations?

Oh, well this is embarrassing. I was sure I had tried to add another lighting object in the same graph. That worked, literally just pressing the plus sign one more time was all that was needed. Now I can make animations. I cant believe I didnt figure that out. Thank you for the help, much appreciated :)

For Solid effects... 1) Click the + to add a block. You can either pre-select the color or change it after if the block dots are highlighted. 2) Click the + again. This should add the second block. Stretch them both out until they are touching and at the 0-0.5 and 0.5-1.0 time intervals. Don't leave a gap or you may have a seizure.

I am afraid this was the easy one. The solid effect is easier to manipulate and create. While there are some rules to creation with iCUE, they often seem to change or not apply in expected ways. So this will give you the alternate color swap, similar to Color Pulse, but with a definable time (speed). So perhaps you would like to this with a wave? If you combine the two color blocks into one wave like above (say 0-5 sec and 5-10 sec), you will get one simultaneous wave, half of each color. For the wave, you need to make two separate effects. Not so easy to understand.

What fans are you using? Are you trying to apply this to individual LEDs within each fan?

I have the LL120 fans. I have two and two fans to together so I wanted to try to get a snake of leds that light up to move in a figure 8 pattern between them. My thinking was if I set the bottom led to stay on from 0-1 second, then get the one on the left of it to be on from 0.2-1.2 seconds and then the third would be on from 0.4-1.4 seconds that would eventually make it look like there is a line of light moving around the fan. I would then make the light go up to the fan above and go around that one. Does that make sense? So I needed a way to make the leds turn on and off in this order. Kind of like making key frames in any editing program really.

I have the LL120 fans. I have two and two fans to together so I wanted to try to get a snake of leds that light up to move in a figure 8 pattern between them. My thinking was if I set the bottom led to stay on from 0-1 second, then get the one on the left of it to be on from 0.2-1.2 seconds and then the third would be on from 0.4-1.4 seconds that would eventually make it look like there is a line of light moving around the fan. I would then make the light go up to the fan above and go around that one. Does that make sense? So I needed a way to make the leds turn on and off in this order. Kind of like making key frames in any editing program really.

OK, very different task. There probably is more than one way to solve this, but most likely you will need to create effects for each section of lights you will to control (bottom quadrant, left quad, right..top.. etc.). Simulating movement can be tricky.

My initial reaction is go back to Plan A, make your solid effects as described on separate lighting effects. Then apply each effect to section desired. The final trick is the timer starts when you create or turn the effect on. To "reset the clock", click on a different profile, then come back to this one. That should put the clock back at zero, however I noticed with the last iCUE version this does not always work for some predefined effects.

Archived