Corsair Community

Need slightly longer H150i Pro screws

bgunn925

I have an H150i Pro front mounted in an Obsidian 500D RGB case with 6x LL120 in push/pull. I am trying to use two XSPC radiator gaskets to prevent air from leaking through the sides of the fans. It mounted fine on the pull side, but the stock screws seem to be just slightly too short for push side fans, since I also have to thread through the fan tray.

I know the thread size is 6/32", but does anyone know the length? There's a very old sticky which says the screw length for the older coolers was 1.25" -- does anyone know if this is still accurate for the H150i Pro? It seems longer and I'm wondering if maybe picking up a couple of these kits would do the trick. I can always try to remove a screw and measure it myself, but does anyone know if screw length specs include the head or just the thread?

Thanks!

If 30mm is not enough, you can try to go 35mm, but you likely will then need some washers to prevent the tip from going through the fins. I’ve used those XSPC gaskets for years without needing longer screws. It will compress down.

Have you had to thread through a fan tray? Maybe I should tighten down the fans without the fan tray first to compress the gasket, then introduce the fan tray.

Archived