Corsair Community

tx650m fan behavior, is this normal?

Herman87

(Sry for my english :!oops:)

To replace my good old vx550w i've bought a tx650m last week. The system is very stable but the fan is reacting kinda wierd. Under heavy load* the fan starts to vibrate and the PSU makes a loud rattling noise. After a while the fan kicks in, and all the noises disappear for about 10 seconds, but than the fan quits and the noises are coming back. I've tried the vx550w again, and the system works like a dream. (no noises)

*(Prime95/gaming)

Is this normal? If not, what to do?

(...)

I have excatly same kind of problem with TX750 V2. Problem is, I already RMA'd it to point of purchase and got a replacement which the same behaviour.. Could I have received two faulty units in a row? I've tested other PSU in the system and it works perfectly with it.

No, it's not normal. Since it is only a week old I would suggest returning it to your reseller if possible for an exchange.

If they can not or will not help you then please use the link on the left to request an rma and have Corsair replace it directly.

Indeed, i could go to the reseller. But what if the replaced PSU has the same problems? (Just like psvsolttu)

I mean, even with a closed case the power supply makes such a loud 'clicking' sound you can hear it while having the speakers turned on :sigh!: It doesn't give you the feeling of a long durability, but that it could break any minute.

Is there a way to know if a replacement-PSU from my reseller would have the same problems? (Maybe with product number or so?)

No, there is not. It does not effect any certain batches . If you are that concerned about it, I would let Corsair replace it directly. But your supplier may be faster depending on if you have to ship it to them or not.

I made a video in a test set-up where the sound can be clearly heard:

http://youtu.be/AIa47ntXIgA

During idle the PSU works fine, but when the power supply is getting hot, there is a loud sound noticeable (5:48). When the fan kicks in (7:18), the sound disappears but comes back after the fan turns itself off.

Even with a closed case, this sound is noticeable and annoying. It also gives a feeling that something is wrong in the power supply.

Did I just had bad luck or is this problem inherent to this model?

Thanks peanutz94 for your help in this thread, and sorry for being a bit stubborn. But what good is a replacement if it could have the same problems? Because is see a lot of people with the same problems and because I don't have the feeling that corsair is taking this issue serious a RMA is no solution for me. My reseller was kind enough to replace it with another brand. It's a bit of a shame, because I've always been very fond with Corsair products...

Archived