Corsair Community

H100iv2 Cooling Issue

DOMIN8

I've had this current system built for about 6 months now and everything has been working fine. However, last night while walking past my office I noticed my PC was much louder than normal. I checked on it and my fans were running at max speed and my CPU temp was around 89C.

I powered it down at the time and just left it off overnight. This morning I powered it on and sure it enough, it ramped up to about that same temp again. Any ideas and what may have caused it to stop working? My fans are running and I'm pretty sure the pump is running.

I'm at work now so I'll have to dig into it later, just wondering where I should start.

Does it instantly hit the 80C+ zone? Or can you watch is climb 40-45-50-55... in the BIOS or desktop?

If you can make it to the desktop, open Link and look at your H100i v2 temp. This is the coolant temperature. It should be in the 25-35C range at idle. Something above 45C indicates trouble. Pump speed?

Make sure the H100i v2 lead to the motherboard is secure. The fan control needs to be disabled or otherwise set to 100%/12v. This is often reset on BIOS flashes or when making global changes in the BIOS. Make sure it is still getting the required voltage.

• 3 weeks later...
I just installed the H100iV2 in my new build system. I've set all the voltage params as suggested but my CPU temp still keeps climbing...... I shut it down when it gets to 100C...... any suggestions .... it's going back to the store tomorrow & a different cooler will get a shot ....

I just installed the H100iV2 in my new build system. I've set all the voltage params as suggested but my CPU temp still keeps climbing...... I shut it down when it gets to 100C...... any suggestions .... it's going back to the store tomorrow & a different cooler will get a shot ....

Can you tell if the pump is running from basic inspection? (lights on, you can feel vibrations with your fingertips, etc.)

The "climbing" CPU temp normally indicates a serious flow problem - complete blockage or more likely failed/not-running pump. If the header is set to 100%/disabled and still nothing happens, it may be non-functional and you should take it back.

Archived