Corsair Community

H100i v2 Temp help

ugs

Im looking for a bit of help regarding the temps im getting from my h100i v2 , i was talking to a friend and he was saying his processer temps never go above 35 to 40 degrees when in use and or gaming but mine seems to be going alot higher than that high 60s , i have included some screen shots of my temps and am looking for some advice on if these seem ok or if something may be wrong

Included 4 screenshots , 1 of temps when making this forum post and 3 of playing Diablo 3

If more info is required please ask

many thanks for any help given

Forum.thumb.png.9d953b24f276c2128a8caa397ff86ac1.png

Diablo.thumb.png.883a84ea551050960ba1e5f571678916.png

528078405_Diablo.thumb.png.1c371ee8213470631c8e5f710acfb7db.png

Diablo..thumb.png.93d3ce60c2b803dacc40d3eb70b50b05.png

First, you will want to stop using the BIOS to throttle the voltage to pump and fans. That is likely the prime culprit in under performance at the moment. Go into the BIOS -> Q-fan and set the CPU header (or wherever the H100i v2 is connected) to "Full Speed". This is the same as disabling fan control in the advanced BIOS. That will provide the 12v the cooler needs to work. If you want to change speeds of the fan or pump, use the Link software.

Be wary of people telling you they never break 35-40C. They would need to be in a 15C room and they won't be using a Kaby Lake processor. Your CPU temps to coolant comparison (+30C) looks good. That value is absolutely CPU model and voltage dependent. If you undervolt a 7600K, the number shrinks. Overclock and it goes up. Someone running 5.0 on 7700K likely sees a +40-50C difference between coolant temp and peak CPU temp. None of your shots let me see your peak actual Vcore. You are running adaptive voltage. You will be able to see the peak number you reach by using the graphing tab.

Thanks for the reply , im a total noob when it comes to these things and the cooler was fited for me by a shop i will take a look at the bios at what you have sugested and see what happens

i am unsure what you mean by this sorry

None of your shots let me see your peak actual Vcore. You are running adaptive voltage. You will be able to see the peak number you reach by using the graphing tab.

i am unsure what you mean by this sorry

In all of your screen shots, the voltage is relaxed (0.67-0.80v) I cannot see the highest value you get when under load. This is probably somewhere between 1.15-1.30v and is the single largest factor in determining what your end CPU temperatures look like. I can build you a suitcase sized cooling system, but if you put 1.45v on the CPU, it will still be too hot.

Click the Graphing Header on the top of Link. In the column that pops up on the right, you will one graph that say "MB VCPU V". This is the core voltage for the CPU. It may be right on top. The maximum value recorded will be in the top left corner.

No, if your Vcore is peaking at 1.14 volts, you are fine. I suspected as much since your coolant to CPU temp was only 30C, but so many manufactures and Asus in particular do some things to do board to make it run a bit hot for benchmark/review purposes. Always good to double check.

With your pump speed now at full and your fans also not failing to start, you should see a lower H100i v2 Temp (coolant temperature). Coolant temp is the base for all CPU temps and lowest you can go. That voltage on +30C number will always be there, so if you coolant is 25C, you will see a 55C max compared to 35C coolant and a 65C max. Sorry, to make your PC stay under 40C max, you need to lower your room temp to less than 10C. I expect your friend has an older processor with lower clocks and a more relaxed demeanor.

Archived