Corsair Community

H110i GTX - support more fans?

rockker

I have finally upgrade my H110iGTX fans from stock to Noctua NF-P14 1500 RPM. These work well and are quiet enough for me. I have the Noctua's in a push pull configuration (4 fans). However there are only 2 plugs on the H110iGTX, I would like to connect all 4 fans to the H110iGTX possibly using PWM splitters. Can the the pump support all 4 fans?

...I have 3 more fans in the case and I would like H110iGTX to control all, is that possible with appropriate splitters or maybe a PWM controller?

If it matters, this model has a SATA power connection which I assume it uses this as a power supply for the device and fans (leading me to think it can support all my fans).

The H100i GTX has a 2.0A limit combined and each NF-P14 PWM is on 0.13A. 4 of those is not a problem. However, I would not recommend trying to power the entire case from it, no matter the total current for all fans combined. That is likely a fast track to an electrical failing.

I don't know if anyone has used a powered fan hub using the 4 pin connector as the control. In theory, as long as the 4 pin splitter from the H110i GTX is the lead connected to the powered PWM splitter, it should work. However, these things are a little more complicated than plug and play and sometimes electrical signals don't always do what you want. The powered splitter will have an amp limit too, but if you are using all Noctua you are unlikely to be anywhere near it.

Ok H110i GTX 2.0A limit...I'm going to try all fans on a powered hub connected to one lead from the H110i GTX. Silverstone 8 port fan hub spliitter (SST-CPF04-USA) is powered and inexpensive enough.

Thank you for the info!

Archived