Corsair Community

How long should I expect the LEDs on an RGB to last?

stoopyface

I've been looking into getting a backlit keyboard for a few weeks now and the one issue that worries me the most is that Corsair product reviews (not to mention google results) are full of testaments that the LEDs die pretty quickly. It's my understanding that the RGB keys are designed so that they are much more reliable, but I find it hard to believe that they cannot die eventually anyway.

So my question is: how long can I expect to go before some of the LEDs start to break?

I'd also appreciate it if anyone knows what the warranty period on Corsair keyboards are.

Warranty should be 2 years I believe.

As for RGB leds lasting time there isn't really a way to know, the RGB keyboards have been out barely for ~5 months. I've seen a few hardware issues reported until now but so far nobody reported leds dying one after another like in the old keyboards before.

Unless some more time passes there's not much to say.

You know you always see more people complain about something than people telling how good it is.

Why would people who are pleased with the product write it into the forums? Sure there are some, but most people just start to write into forums cause they are unhappy and wanna rage about it instead of just writing to the support.

If you buy something in your electronics market you won't go to them and tell them how good the product is. You only go there if something is wrong.

Thanks for the replies, I realise that most people won't go out of their way just to post something positive about a product. However, when the vast majority of the complaints are about the same thing it'd be pretty foolish to believe that it's a non-issue. Still, if it's 5 months since this was released and there hasn't been a wave of 'my lights are all dying' then I think it won't be an issue.

Archived