Corsair Community

RE: MM1000 Qi Wireless Charging Mousemat - RGB + CLOTH?

simplyshredded

Hello,

Really liking the new recent wireless products that dropped (even tho im slightly salty I just purchased a whole peripheral set a few moths ago).

I know corsair can't comment on unannounced products.... but....

With all the rgb hype, wouldn't it have been a good decision to add RGB lighting similar to the MM800 to the MM1000? Just wondering if we can expect to see this soon (or eventually)?

Or maybe a good indication of this would be stating what the reason was for not adding this feature. Was it not feasible to fit RGB lighting into a mousepad that also had wireless charging? Time constraints to release the product? Would've increased the price too much? Or something else? I feel like that would've set this apart from all the other competitors as this doesn't exist yet (to the best of my knowledge). I feel like I like the look of the mm800 more but really want the wireless charging function

I also feel like a soft surface option would be a good feature... I'm aware that logitech's power play has a customizable add on soft mat feature. I also feel like this would be a good selling point, once again if this increased the price point too much why not have a hard and soft version like the mm800?

Would really like to discuss with other users and corsair devs and hear their opinions on this.

Cheers

• 9 months later...
Any one heard anything about a RGB/cloth version of the MM1000? I just purchased the dark core se, but i don't want the hard surface mouse pad and would like to have RGB. Feels like there will be an inevitable pro/platinum release...

Thank you for the quick reply and insight. I'm just getting back into PC gaming and built a new PC sparing no expense using all of Corsairs and Asus flagship products. Now i'm just trying to figure out the best peripherals.

you going to give us some pictures in the builds section? :)

you going to give us some pictures in the builds section? :)

I sure can! Just waiting to secure the Asus ROG strix 2080ti first. It's impossible to find here in Canada so far. Here's a brief summary of the build so far...

Corsair 500D SE case

Asus 27PGUQ 27" 4K HDR 144hz monitor

i9 9900k

Asus z390 maximus xi code motherboard

Asus ROG strix 2080ti Overclocked Edition (when i can get one)

Corsair h100i platinum cooler

Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3200 32gb

6 x 120mm LL fans + 2 ml 120mm rgb fans on the cooler

Corsair HX 850w PSU

Samsung 970 1tb evo m2

Samsung 860 1tb evo ssd

I'm just trying to figure out peripherals. I think I want the new corsair k70 mk.2 low profile cherry red keyboard. Never had a mechanical keyboard since the 80s, and i think the red switches may be better for typing? I think the low profile will be a better fit for me since i found it hard to type on my friends mechanical keyboard. Mouse, i think i've decided to get the dark core se, and trying to decide on the mouse pad. And I think i'll get the corsair void headset.

Do you have any advice for my build? I won't really be playing any online games, and i prefer FPS and adventure games. Are these peripherals a good fit? anything else i should get?

I have the K70 mk2 on Blues.. also K95p on Browns.. both excellent keyboards.. not had chance to play with the low profile keys yet.

as for your set up.. is it all built aside from the GPU?

if not. might be worth having a read of the below linked thread. covers Corsairs RGB ecosystem as far as hardware goes....

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I have the K70 mk2 on Blues.. also K95p on Browns.. both excellent keyboards.. not had chance to play with the low profile keys yet.

as for your set up.. is it all built aside from the GPU?

if not. might be worth having a read of the below linked thread. covers Corsairs RGB ecosystem as far as hardware goes....

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Its basically all built and running now except the GPU. I'm just finalizing some of the wiring to make it look prettier. I ordered the molex connectors and pins provided by another user on this forum, and just built a custom LL fan rgb extension cable to route the wiring to my liking. Overall, I am very happy with it so far. The wait for the GPU is killing me now... That particular model feels like a unicorn.

I wish the low profile keyboard was offered with brown switches. Although this build is tuned for gaming, typing and productivity will be the primary use, so i'm a little hesitant to blindly invest in the red or speed switches. Unfortunately there are no stores here to test either. I've been reading tons of reviews to get a sense before committing.

Thanks for the link. I've actually already spend some time reading it during my research. I appreciate all the work you are doing for this community. I am looking forward to becoming an active member myself.

Its basically all built and running now except the GPU. I'm just finalizing some of the wiring to make it look prettier. I ordered the molex connectors and pins provided by another user on this forum, and just built a custom LL fan rgb extension cable to route the wiring to my liking. Overall, I am very happy with it so far. The wait for the GPU is killing me now... That particular model feels like a unicorn.

I wish the low profile keyboard was offered with brown switches. Although this build is tuned for gaming, typing and productivity will be the primary use, so i'm a little hesitant to blindly invest in the red or speed switches. Unfortunately there are no stores here to test either. I've been reading tons of reviews to get a sense before committing.

Thanks for the link. I've actually already spend some time reading it during my research. I appreciate all the work you are doing for this community. I am looking forward to becoming an active member myself.

Yay.. glad it helped dude.. and welcome aboard :).

if i had too chose.. Blues for me.. i love them.. con is that they are loud lol.. pro is they are so precise in feel. i also have a k65 on reds which the wife uses. she has no complaints. the k95p on browns is lovely. browns come in as a close 2nd :)

ok.. waiting on your build thread lol.

Pleased to meet you dude

Yay.. glad it helped dude.. and welcome aboard :).

if i had too chose.. Blues for me.. i love them.. con is that they are loud lol.. pro is they are so precise in feel. i also have a k65 on reds which the wife uses. she has no complaints. the k95p on browns is lovely. browns come in as a close 2nd :)

ok.. waiting on your build thread lol.

Pleased to meet you dude

Thanks for all your help and very pleased to meet you too! I'll keep you posted on my new build...

Archived