Corsair Community

h100i crossed tubes... cant seem to get it right help me plz

snotplugy

In your original glamour picture, the tubes do in fact cross over. It's about half way down and at the bend. It's subtle and like any good promotional shot, you don't even notice. I don't know how easy or hard that is to replicate. However, from a performance perspective, it does not matter if the tubes cross and from that same point of view I would put the tubes on the bottom to avoid blocking air exchange between the front and top fans. To cross or not to cross, is purely aesthetic.

In your original glamour picture, the tubes do in fact cross over. It's about half way down and at the bend. It's subtle and like any good promotional shot, you don't even notice. I don't know how easy or hard that is to replicate. However, from a performance perspective, it does not matter if the tubes cross and from that same point of view I would put the tubes on the bottom to avoid blocking air exchange between the front and top fans. To cross or not to cross, is purely aesthetic.

yes and i bought this cooler because of its aesthetics. and ive seen many pictures of people being able to put it from the top and tubes not crossing and that is why i even posted this thread.

and i think u forgot about graphics card if i turn the tubes to the bottom, i wont be able to install my graphics card

tried rotating it clock and anti clock wise... it just get twisted even more.

anyone?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I can't see why you have an issue. When I did as I specified my H80iGT did not "get twisted even more" and looked much the same as in http://postimg.org/image/axm03w5oh/

You need to post another picture

yes and i bought this cooler because of its aesthetics. and ive seen many pictures of people being able to put it from the top and tubes not crossing and that is why i even posted this thread.

and i think u forgot about graphics card if i turn the tubes to the bottom, i wont be able to install my graphics card

Then leave it at the top. But either way, your issue is in trying to shape the hoses to your liking, not a manufacturing defect. The "lower tube" goes into the left, top radiator in all pictures. The upper tube, the right. Since you were unable to resolve it as Ray suggested, perhaps you should try working the problem from the other end. Remount the block the way you want it, then orientate the radiator. However, I expect you can still solve it by folding the pump through the middle of the two hoses.

I can't see why you have an issue. When I did as I specified my H80iGT did not "get twisted even more" and looked much the same as in http://postimg.org/image/axm03w5oh/

You need to post another picture

Then leave it at the top. But either way, your issue is in trying to shape the hoses to your liking, not a manufacturing defect. The "lower tube" goes into the left, top radiator in all pictures. The upper tube, the right. Since you were unable to resolve it as Ray suggested, perhaps you should try working the problem from the other end. Remount the block the way you want it, then orientate the radiator. However, I expect you can still solve it by folding the pump through the middle of the two hoses.

i youtubed almost 10 videos and non of their tubes are crossed mounting from the same position on a corsair carbide c400

what do u mean folding it through the middle? like putting it through inbetween the tubes? i tried that it feels like i am breaking the tube off the square thingy.

theres no other place i can mount my rad... top mount = not enough clearance for.... front mount bottom tubes = cannot place graphics card... so only front mount top tube.. and i get crossed tubes

i only tried turning it clock wise and anti clock wise... and it got tangled more... as this picture shows

http://postimg.org/image/9uqz8mfht/

if i continue turning it will be crossed twice.. and it only uncrosses when the block is upside down logo

I can't see how you get an issue. Here I get as below.

ignore the song... just added a random one because my background was noisey

[ame]

[/ame]

ignore the song... just added a random one because my background was noisey

To me it looks correct at 1:26 and I expect that is as good as it can be. It's tricky to tell as it's too zoomed in.

@1:26 the tubes are tangled top tube of the block goes right side of the rad... bottom tube goes left side... forming an X near the block 1:36

the tubes. are tangled. no matter how i turn it as shown in the video...

and as of ur picture it is not tangled when mounted to CPU ...

thats what i need to know...

i know it works even if its tangled but it doesnt look nice to me if its tangled.

How you have it at 1:26 is identical to how it is in the picture you posted (http://postimg.org/image/axm03w5oh/). You're overthinking it, when you had it at 1:26 all you have to do is take the lower tube and align it below the top tube until they split to get to the rad (just pull that lower tube down a half inch from where it was).

I promise you that the orientation at 1:26 is exactly the same as the one is the photo you wanted.

How you have it at 1:26 is identical to how it is in the picture you posted (http://postimg.org/image/axm03w5oh/). You're overthinking it, when you had it at 1:26 all you have to do is take the lower tube and align it below the top tube until they split to get to the rad (just pull that lower tube down a half inch from where it was).

I promise you that the orientation at 1:26 is exactly the same as the one is the photo you wanted.

they are crossing each other.... and its not possible to do align them. and look at the photos posted before and youtube videos... non of them have it crossed and no i am not over thinking it. why would it come naturally crossing tubes for customers to use? lol

^ this is not crossed and he can align them.

They are ALL crossed. Every single one, unless you mount the block upside down. Perhaps you prefer the phrasing "one tube passes under the other", but it is still the same thing. The trick is manipulating the tension in the hoses to create the "curl" where you want it. I suppose there is no college class for that. Nevertheless, you only have two ends to work with, so the options are not endless.

I don't know what else to say, how red-ray has it, how the photo has it, and how you have it @ 1:26 are all exactly the same. The bottom (block) tube goes to the back of the case (rad) and the top (block) tube goes to the front (rad), and there are no twists in any of the cases.

Yours only looks different because you have the bottom tube going behind the top tube rather than staying under the top tube. If you just kept the bottom tube under the top tube (using a zip tie or something) until they have to split up near the radiator yours would also look the same.

All three ways are exactly the same, whether you believe me or not.We can't really help you with spacial awareness and visualization. Maybe just try to visualize it outside the case where you can play with the slack until you see it for yourself?

u can lead the horse to the water but if theres poison the horse wont drink.

look at that last picture and video i posted and tell me i am wrong about the tubes being crossed again -.-

lemme know if i need to unmount this and post the exact same picture u posted

Archived