Corsair Community

Did/Is my H110i GTX failing?

BeatPlay

So lets keep this short, had this H110i GTX for two years now.

And have now noticed the Pump is a whole 700RPM slower (I think it was 3000RPM and not 2300 at max) than it was on day one, then i looked at the temps im getting and whoops its a vulcan.

When I play Rainbow 6 Siege my CPU has 25% utilization and the temps are as following:

56C Liquid

90C Package

80C Cores

My specs are in my signature, the H110i GTX and CPU are connected with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Liquid Metal. I think this shouldnt be the case the first CPU i had with this cooler had a 250W TDP and only got to 42C Liquid temp in the hottest summer days and with a 980Ti SLI blowing its heat through the rad (now have a single 1080Ti and better case).

So is this really as bad as i think or is my memory bad?

56C coolant temp/H110i GTX temp is out of bounds. What happens at idle? When you boot the PC cold, what is the H110i GTX temp? Does it keep going up?

Pump speed on performance reads 2300 in Link? What happens on Balanced?

This seems like a flow issue and I would start a support ticket. However, don't include the gaming data or talk about the 980 Ti SLI. Yes, those two cards will dramatically alter the interior case temp and have a marked effect on coolant temp, but there is no reason to provide an easy dismissal of the problem. In that interest, run a CPU only test like Intel XTU, OCCT, AIDA, etc. to eliminate the GPUs from the test data. Depending on where you have it clocked, it would expect a coolant delta of around 6-8C on a short term test. You only need to run this 10 min. A cooler issue would be revealed almost immediately and the coolant will take forever to come back down after the test, if there is a flow problem.

Idle liquid is 40 to 42C. With a CPU Delta of 3C (Liquid Metal is a dream lol)

And any kind of load above 40% locks the CPU at 100C and so i dont want to stress test it, sorry.

(BTW i dont think you understood the 980Ti SLI bit right: Before: 980TI SLI + Blender rendering 250W CPU + Summer = 42C liquid temps max, now: single 1080Ti + better case airflow + 140W CPU at 25% + Winter = 56C+ Liuid Temp)

(BTW i dont think you understood the 980Ti SLI bit right: Before: 980TI SLI + Blender rendering 250W CPU + Summer = 42C liquid temps max, now: single 1080Ti + better case airflow + 140W CPU at 25% + Winter = 56C+ Liuid Temp)

No, I understand perfectly. I don't want someone else to misunderstand when you submit the ticket for RMA. It is a smoother interaction if there is only one path to follow.

That's fine to not test if it hits the TJ max instantly. However, you can still use the idle temp behavior as your argument. When you cold boot or wake from sleep, the liquid temp should be about room temp. In the first few seconds to minutes, it will warm up to 4-7C above that and level off. With a 10 core, I would expect a steady +6C above room temp. If the coolant temp continues to creep upwards, this suggests their is a flow problem. Coupled with the abnormal pump speed, I suspect a blockage of some type. I am pretty sure it is not 35C in your room (or 42C in your case) at idle. Use the discrepancy between room temp and idle coolant temp as the principle defect, coupled with the pump speed. Keep it simple.

Ok I will do, thanks for your help

and also to room temp: Just measured it at 21,2C, a slow boot (no RAM image trickery or half-POST) needs 24 seconds to Desktop, in that time the liquid is at 38,2C (after browsing the web and then idling aka leveling it off it is at allready said 40 to 42) so a delta of about 18C (Temps are too volatile to say more, every percent usage is almost a degree)

Yeah, once it warms up in this state it takes hours to drop back down to room temp, so it will probably stay close to the current level until left off for hours or overnight. I think the situation is pretty clear to both of us. I'm impressed you can boot in 24 seconds. My HW-Es were 40 sec and best with no training, etc. Good luck with the ticket.

Offtopic continue: 40 Secs is quite slow, i would check your BIOS settings, with minimized POST and Fastboot its even down to 2,4 seconds. (No idea how but im seriously on desktop before screens notice a signal, and no its not hibernation, i checked by disconnecting power)

Archived