Corsair Community

k70 not working

can

Hi everyone

I bought a used k70 about a year ago to date and it has been working fine till a couple days ago. I went to turn my PC on and the keyboard just went crazy. It is flashing only about 7-10 LEDs and my computer recognizes that it is plugged in like repeatedly. It just keeps flashing and everytime it flashes it loses power and then my computer recongizes it for literally like a second till it loses power again. any idea what i can do to fix this? it worked fine for almost a year

it is a regular k70 non RGB keyboard

Hi everyone

I bought a used k70 about a year ago to date and it has been working fine till a couple days ago. I went to turn my PC on and the keyboard just went crazy. It is flashing only about 7-10 LEDs and my computer recognizes that it is plugged in like repeatedly. It just keeps flashing and everytime it flashes it loses power and then my computer recongizes it for literally like a second till it loses power again. any idea what i can do to fix this? it worked fine for almost a year

it is a regular k70 non RGB keyboard

It's a regular Corsair keyboard.

sorry, but I am so fed up with these keyboards now.

On my third in 3 months atm, and once again I have to send it in. Got to borrow a old Logitech-nonmechanical from a friend, and that's what I am using now, to be able to write at all.

Look it up, alot of Corsai-keyboards has died within the year, totally. Mine has not, but there's chattering, so much chattering...

I should sue someone for not being able to play sub-games for over 3 months now, really... And Corsair never answers my mails or anything, allthouh it's their damn hardware... Thank you Corsair... for nice design, that's it!

I had almost the same response with Corsair support ref my K70 blue LED. After receiving my 3rd keyboard after the first 2 were defective I opened a support ticket with Corsair. After 2 days they just stopped responding to it. I sent the 3rd board back to Amazon and got a full refund.

As for the OP try checking the USB connections. My 2nd replacement of my K70 had an issue where the USB connector on the keyboard was slightly bent. The PC was constantly losing connection with the keyboard. I bent the connector slightly and it made a good connection again. Solved the problem. The keyboard still went back though due to the multimedia key lights either not functioning at all (stop key) or were much dimmer than the rest of the keyboard. I like Corsair memory and PSU's but will never buy another Corsair keyboard. The quality is poor and the support is non existent.

i have tried with another computer and it has the same issue so i think it has to do with the actual keyboard dying. it sucks, it was literally working 1 day and then the next it started doing this. looks like ill just have to buy another keyboard

Archived