Corsair Community

Hi Case 570X+Rampage 5 ed. 10+Corsair H115i

fk2121

After 10 years of service I am trying to mount a new PC and well delighted, however I have worries and need help, I admit to have spent a lot of time reading and watching videos, I am exhausted and lost in fact because it is a bit complex.

May I ask for your help.

1/ What this wire for and where to place them, the jumper comes with the motherboard (photo 1)

2/ With the Crystal 570 case there is a spacer, I tried to place it so as to leave a space at the bottom of the mobo to pass the cables but it becomes impossible to fix the screw at the bottom right.

3/ How much fan do I need? One 120 in the back?

4/ I lack room to install the H115i so I had to remove a fan.

I think it can run like this without overclocking?

In order to do things right, I actually have to remove the front fan block and replace it with a 3-fan block in 140 and put the cooler radiator on it?

I did a test by fixing the fans above the chassis but then it becomes impossible to close the case, too bad.

Anyway with the glass cover, not much air could have gotten in?

If I have to change the fans, what would you advise me and if possible quiet as possible and RGB.

5/ Without case the PC running, now as soon as I turn on the PC it flashes and I have this message: "Chassis intrude!" Fatal error, System haltered".

I must have made a mistake int he built, as the pictures show may be that I have misconnected one of the fans and a plug. I tried to reboot with the plugs well pressed and even without, this fatal error, what to do now.

6/ I'm very used to win7, with an i7 6850k + ASUS rampage 5 do I have to switch to win10 (Windows Store ... grrr but it can be removed), or can we continue with Win7, I have and heard different opinions, Win7 is it lighter, faster.

Thank you in advance for your valuable answers.

Photo 1 :

http://i.imgur.com/Rzn7fxB.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/wCHUTfO.jpg?1

After 10 years of service I am trying to mount a new PC and well delighted, however I have worries and need help, I admit to have spent a lot of time reading and watching videos, I am exhausted and lost in fact because it is a bit complex.

May I ask for your help.

1/ What this wire for and where to place them, the jumper comes with the motherboard (photo 1)

2/ With the Crystal 570 case there is a spacer, I tried to place it so as to leave a space at the bottom of the mobo to pass the cables but it becomes impossible to fix the screw at the bottom right.

3/ How much fan do I need? One 120 in the back?

4/ I lack room to install the H115i so I had to remove a fan.

I think it can run like this without overclocking?

In order to do things right, I actually have to remove the front fan block and replace it with a 3-fan block in 140 and put the cooler radiator on it?

I did a test by fixing the fans above the chassis but then it becomes impossible to close the case, too bad.

Anyway with the glass cover, not much air could have gotten in? If I have to change the fans, what would you advise me and if possible quiet as possible and RGB.

5/ Without case the PC running, now as soon as I turn on the PC it flashes and I have this message: "Chassis intrude!" Fatal error, System haltered".

I must have made a mistake int he built, as the pictures show may be that I have misconnected one of the fans and a plug. I tried to reboot with the plugs well pressed and even without, this fatal error, what to do now.

6/ I'm very used to win7, with an i7 6850k + ASUS rampage 5 do I have to switch to win10 (Windows Store ... grrr but it can be removed), or can we continue with Win7, I have and heard different opinions, Win7 is it lighter, faster.

Thank you in advance for your valuable answers.

1. That is the power cable to the PSU cover light. When you turn on your PC, did you notice the CORSAIR logo light up? If not, take out your PSU and plug that cable into the LED board.
  2. What spacer are you referring to?
  3. You should install a 120mm fan in the rear as an exhaust.
  4. Remove the SP120s from the front, purchase HD140 (140mm) fans and mount the H115i in the front. It should go like this: H115i -> Fans -> Case Front. I highly recommend the following set of fans: 3x HD120s and 2x HD140s. Plug in HD140s in fan port #1 and #2. Then the top two HD120s in #3 and #4. Lastly, your rear fan in slot #5.
  5. Please look over the manual: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/RAMPAGE_V_EDITION_10/E11861_RAMPAGE_V_EDITION_10_UM_V2_WEB.pdf
  6. Windows 10 is the way to go at this time. Windows 10 is just as fast as Windows 7 but with more features and DX12.

Archived