Corsair Community

insanely frustrated

I'm currently on my second set of TWINX 2048-3200C2PT for my new system.

The first set failed memtest and was causing severe stability issues. The second set was fine for a day or two, and then proceeded to exhibit the same characteristics.

Once again, I'm failing memtest with hundred's of errors. At this point, I'm wondering if the lot of chips that shipped is just bad all around.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Current System: Athlon X2 4400 w/Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

My current settings are just the default BIOS [auto] settings. However, I have tried changing the settings manually (2-3-3-6) with no noticeable improvement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of hair to pull out :(:

I will give that a shot, but I think that I actually found the solution from a VERY recent post to the Asus forums. Any owners of this mobo (Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe) would be wise to check the following link out.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060331190101837&board_id=1&model=A8N32-SLI+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

If that doesn't work, here is a direct quote from the post:

###################################################################

Problem #1:

Memtest86 and Memtest86+ both failed on test #6 with an "unexpected interrupt" after around 720 errors were found. This was both for ECC being enabled and disabled in the BIOS.

Solution #1:

By disabling the "Legacy USB Support" and making sure that the DDR VCORE voltage was set to the appropriate value in the BIOS, Memtest86 and Memtest86+ no longer showed any errors. Curiously enough, the chipset still wasn't detected properly, eventhough the latest version of Memtest86+ says that it supports NForce4 chipsets.

####################################################################

Don't ask me how or why, but turning off the "Legacy USB Support" did in fact fix the problem. I completed 3 successful runs of memtest86+ and completed 4M Super Pi (just to make sure) in just over 3 minutes.

Thanks for the quick response. I hope that this mobo-related work around will save other people from the agrivation of RMAs and such.

Archived