Corsair Community

Voltages on AX1200i

rolldog

• Corsair Employee
I'm having the same problem, but I'm using an AX1200i. My 12V rail fluctuates around 10.8-11.3, and every now and then my system shuts down because it's not getting enough voltage.

You're seeing these voltage fluctuations in Link?

I haven't checked the voltages in Link, these are the voltages being read by the BIOS. I hate to sound ignorant, but I'm not very familiar with Link. Someone asked me if my 2 GPUs were running off the same 12V rail, but I don't know how I can tell. Does this just mean that I'm using different PSU cables to run each card instead of having them both plugged into the same PSU source? I guess I should find some documentation to read up on Link.

• Corsair Employee
I haven't checked the voltages in Link, these are the voltages being read by the BIOS. I hate to sound ignorant, but I'm not very familiar with Link.

Link is Corsair's software that allows you to control and monitor certain Corsair components, like your AX1200i. Using Link will allow you to monitor voltages AT the power supply.

By looking at voltages in the BIOS, you're not actually reading the voltages at the power supply. You're reading voltages at the motherboard. BIG difference.

Someone asked me if my 2 GPUs were running off the same 12V rail, but I don't know how I can tell. Does this just mean that I'm using different PSU cables to run each card instead of having them both plugged into the same PSU source? I guess I should find some documentation to read up on Link.

Ignore that person. They don't know what they're talking about.

• Corsair Employee

FYI: I moved this to it's own thread since the original thread was talking about a VS PSU and you're talking about an AX1200i.

Message for everyone: Please do not hi-jack other people's threads because you have a similar problem or the same model PSU. It only confuses things.

Archived