Corsair Community

m65 mouse grinding on mousepad

Solace

currently the mouse grinds on the mousepad after 2 weeks of light usage and i am having a bit of a rough time trying to tell if its the mouse skates that are deteriorating at a fast rate or if its the metal part/plastic shell thats dragging when pressure is applied.

the mouse itself is fine but if theres no alternate source to get replacement skates other then corsiar i would probably just return it if its those at fault due to im not spending 5$ every 2 weeks and dealing with the replacement process when i had stock last 6+ months on my deathadder/g500 and the replacement skates lasted 1+ years on the same mousepad.

it grinds on everything, the metal under the RMB when pressure is applied hits the surface. its quite apparat that its doign so just by looking at the mouse head on. this is on the green edition of the mouse "maybe different batches come from different plants idk". i will go get it swapped on tuesday as they dont have any in stock and i dont mind giving another one a shot.

the mouse itself is built well, has proper texture, and the sensor is as good as it gets even though there's positive mouse acceleration which is quite apparent if you used a old deatheradder/518. the flaw of this mouse aside from the misalignment of the metal under the RMB is the incredibly ridicules size of the mouse skates that should be 2-3x thicker to begin with. no one wants to pay 5$ +sh (12-15$) every 2 weeks for mouse skates.

a photo can be provided if you wish, its quite obvious looking head on that the tip is the portion grinding, and is amplified when being pressed. tbh im not even sure why thats not just fused with the mouse itself. like you can retain the same design just spot weld that piece at the tips. there is honestly no reason that it should be able to more freely that close to the ground when pressure is being applied over that piece.

Archived