Corsair Community

LL120 RGB fan With 780T

ScriptKidie

I have a 780T case and i bought 3x ll120 rgb fan for front panel.

But They doesn't fit. I disassembled HDD cage for mout but 3x fan doesnt fit. It stuck.

I cutted bottom side a little. But now if i mount like this, Front mesh panel doesnt fit.

Anyone help for it ?

20180508_114407.thumb.jpg.269e9e72913ee34628660377598efc54.jpg

20180508_114427.thumb.jpg.d28675cf53c94fb4a2ddd231567e7c3c.jpg

• Corsair Employee
I have a 780T case and i bought 3x ll120 rgb fan for front panel.

But They doesn't fit. I disassembled HDD cage for mout but 3x fan doesnt fit. It stuck.

I cutted bottom side a little. But now if i mount like this, Front mesh panel doesnt fit.

Anyone help for it ?

That's unfortunate but true, the 780T front dust filter will not fit with the LL fans installed. I'm sorry but there isn't a fix for this that I can provide.

Hey SkriptKidie,

Short answer is: Yes, 120x3 fans will fit the front of the 780T, it even states it in the manual.

- One thing to note is that it’s pretty difficult to fit the 3 fans in there and you’re going to feel like you’re going to break something, however here is a picture of my 3 fans at the front: https://imgur.com/a/EAqfw6c

- At first trying to fit those fans in, I wasn’t successful as just like you one fan got stuck and the dust filter was not going to fit.

However, what I did was: I screwed the top fan first, then the bottom fan and I was left the middle fan to install, now the middle fan is the difficult part, you’re going to have to align as best to try fit it in.

What I noticed from your picture is that the top fan is not all the way in, that’s why it’s not closing.

So that’s why, make sure you start with the top fan, make sure it’s all the way in and screw it on.

Then screw on the very bottom fan and make sure it’s all the way in.

Lastly the middle fan will be tricky and you will feel like you’re going to break something but you’ll have to align that middle fan as best as you can and force push it in.

Just be careful when doing this as it is possible to break something and the 780T’s case front natural fans are 140x2 but again 120x3 is doable and I have seen other images with 780T cases that contain 120x3 fans at the front, I was researching it because I was also struggling to put the fans in.

Hope this helps, but do note you’re doing this at your own risk so be careful, the guide I wrote was what I have done to fit in the 120x3 fans. The fans are (ML 120x3 Quiet Edition) Width: 25CM. The LL fans I read are also 25CM in width.

Hey SkriptKidie,

Short answer is: Yes, 120x3 fans will fit the front of the 780T, it even states it in the manual.

- One thing to note is that it’s pretty difficult to fit the 3 fans in there and you’re going to feel like you’re going to break something, however here is a picture of my 3 fans at the front: https://imgur.com/a/EAqfw6c

- At first trying to fit those fans in, I wasn’t successful as just like you one fan got stuck and the dust filter was not going to fit.

However, what I did was: I screwed the top fan first, then the bottom fan and I was left the middle fan to install, now the middle fan is the difficult part, you’re going to have to align as best to try fit it in.

What I noticed from your picture is that the top fan is not all the way in, that’s why it’s not closing.

So that’s why, make sure you start with the top fan, make sure it’s all the way in and screw it on.

Then screw on the very bottom fan and make sure it’s all the way in.

Lastly the middle fan will be tricky and you will feel like you’re going to break something but you’ll have to align that middle fan as best as you can and force push it in.

Just be careful when doing this as it is possible to break something and the 780T’s case front natural fans are 140x2 but again 120x3 is doable and I have seen other images with 780T cases that contain 120x3 fans at the front, I was researching it because I was also struggling to put the fans in.

Hope this helps, but do note you’re doing this at your own risk so be careful, the guide I wrote was what I have done to fit in the 120x3 fans. The fans are (ML 120x3 Quiet Edition) Width: 25CM. The LL fans I read are also 25CM in width.

Thank you very much for answers.

I'll try it again than i'll inform you.

By the way my dust filter stucked from bottom. I cant eject from holes like second picture. I think i must remove fans. So my dust filter stucked both top and bottom.

Thank you very much for answers.

I'll try it again than i'll inform you.

By the way my dust filter stucked from bottom. I cant eject from holes like second picture. I think i must remove fans. So my dust filter stucked both top and bottom.

No problem, if the dust filter is stuck then I’d imagine the placement for the bottom and top fans are not correct, you must make sure the fans are all the way in.

Remove the fans and start over. That’s why starting with the top and bottom fans making sure they are all the way in is ideal in my opinion so you can make sure they go fully into the case and close the gaps.

Do try, you may have to force the fans in but be very careful to not break anything, especially the dust filter catcher.

No problem, if the dust filter is stuck then I’d imagine the placement for the bottom and top fans are not correct, you must make sure the fans are all the way in.

Remove the fans and start over. That’s why starting with the top and bottom fans making sure they are all the way in is ideal in my opinion so you can make sure they go fully into the case and close the gaps.

Do try, you may have to force the fans in but be very careful to not break anything, especially the dust filter catcher.

Mate before i start,

How could you screw front of fan ? Because i screw inside of case.

Mate before i start,

How could you screw front of fan ? Because i screw inside of case.

Hey, the way I screwed my fans was I had them attached to the radiator, so I screwed from the outside into the inside, check my picture and see the screws placement.

Since you won’t be attaching the radiator and it won’t have threads to catch it and hold the fans, I suggest using nuts to secure the screws.

May I ask, how are your fans from the holding holding from the front right now? From your pictures I can see you don’t have any screws on them.

Hey, the way I screwed my fans was I had them attached to the radiator, so I screwed from the outside into the inside, check my picture and see the screws placement.

Since you won’t be attaching the radiator and it won’t have threads to catch it and hold the fans, I suggest using nuts to secure the screws.

May I ask, how are your fans from the holding holding from the front right now? From your pictures I can see you don’t have any screws on them.

Your suggest is great. How can not i think it.

Yes of course you can ask. i added pic for your question. i screwed inside of case.

20180509_145846.thumb.jpg.a8c9bb0e895dc6b30304d3c455a795ce.jpg

Your suggest is great. How can not i think it.

Yes of course you can ask. i added pic for your question. i screwed inside of case.

I see it, I mean if it holds the fans then why not, there’s no harm, I believe the rear fan is held like this, with the smaller screws.

You can try it with the longer screws and attaching the fans from the front instead of the back, see how it goes.

Use my picture as a reference: https://imgur.com/a/EAqfw6c notice the fans placement and screws, also I was able to close the cover.

I see it, I mean if it holds the fans then why not, there’s no harm, I believe the rear fan is held like this, with the smaller screws.

You can try it with the longer screws and attaching the fans from the front instead of the back, see how it goes.

Use my picture as a reference: https://imgur.com/a/EAqfw6c notice the fans placement and screws, also I was able to close the cover.

I saved your picture for reference.

Can you upload inside of your case ? I have h100i v2, maybe i will move radiator top to front and i'll use like you.

I saved your picture for reference.

Can you upload inside of your case ? I have h100i v2, maybe i will move radiator top to front and i'll use like you.

Awesome and I put the radiator back at the top as I had it at the front and my temperatures were increasing by a lot.

I was trying out a new airflow for the 780T case but it’s better to have the radiator at the top and 140x2 fans at the front, that’s my opinion.

I have the H150i RGB Pro, needless to say you can experiment around and choose whatever airflow you want to go with! :biggrin:

• 3 months later...

Archived