Corsair Community

Homefront the Revolution - pre-setup for RGB?

SonsOfLiberty86

Hello, I purchased Homefront the Revolution on sale on Steam recently, and just now after I launched the game I noticed that it changed the keyboard colors automatically without me ever creating a profile.

It's also pretty advanced, i.e. when I goto a menu the profile changes automatically to show the menu keys, when I go back to the game the action and movement keys light up different colors. Even when I turn on the flashlight it does an overall "flash" effect on all keys showing that the light is on. It also does some cool things like not lighting up weapons keys until you have a weapon, then they light up. Then it will highlight whatever weapon you have selected to green, i.e.; hit 4 and your 4 key changes from blue to green. Now you have grenades selected. Hit 2 to go back to your pistol, and the 2 lights up green. The 4 automatically goes back to blue. So you know what weapon is selected just by the colors. It also does some context-sensitive actions, like when you are crafting items - the crafting keys light up as you craft. The main game menu even has a US flag for the key colors. I never set up a profile for the game, and this is more advanced than what I thought you can do with the profiler without going into coding and LUA (I think that's what it uses? can't remember). It's also worth noting that when I went into the Corsair app to check my profiles there is no profile for this game. So there is some behind the scenes magic happening, pretty sure the people who made this game set it up this way.

http://i.imgur.com/QAd3Buj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9MgslfO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZhCLtY9.jpg

Anyways I wondered if I was the first person to notice this, are there other games that do this? This is pretty awesome! I would love if more games did this.

PS - If someone already posted this sorry. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

there are a few games that integrate into keyboard for example GTA 5 works with Logitech keyboards

(A program called Aurora can patch the logitech sdk to make it work with other keyboards like corsair, it also has other nice features, check it out)

https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora

hopefully with the CUE 2, and it's new SDK support more games will be adding support in the future

there are a few games that integrate into keyboard for example GTA 5 works with Logitech keyboards

(A program called Aurora can patch the logitech sdk to make it work with other keyboards like corsair, it also has other nice features, check it out)

https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora

hopefully with the CUE 2, and it's new SDK support more games will be adding support in the future

oh i know about Aurora lol look at my signature. I know Razer has a lot games that support it and logitech has a a few. But this is the first non indie game that ive seen supports Corsair keyboards.

oh i know about Aurora lol look at my signature. I know Razer has a lot games that support it and logitech has a a few. But this is the first non indie game that ive seen supports Corsair keyboards.

True, I don't know of any other games atm either that *natively support corsair led lighting (without wrappers), I hope to see more native support in future though - Deep Silver did a good job, unlike Mafia 3, which again is only Logitech :)

True, I don't know of any other games atm either that *natively support corsair led lighting (without wrappers), I hope to see more native support in future though - Deep Silver did a good job, unlike Mafia 3, which again is only Logitech :)

I mean most of these games devs are most likely payed by the company, and I cant imagine Logitech or Razer asking for a exclusive :roll:. If only there was a standard SDK for all LED keyboards

It's also worth noting that when I went into the Corsair app to check my profiles there is no profile for this game. So there is some behind the scenes magic happening, pretty sure the people who made this game set it up this way.
Most likely they use the Corsair SDK. ;):

I'm also curious if there are more games with native Corsair RGB keyboard support. :eek:

Most likely they use the Corsair SDK. ;):

I'm also curious if there are more games with native Corsair RGB keyboard support. :eek:

Yeah I would also like to know, I wonder if Corsair needs to be notified if a game is going to be using thir SDK (if so Corsair probably has a list of games with support), if not then I guess we have to find out by user reports :).

Yeah I would also like to know, I wonder if Corsair needs to be notified if a game is going to be using thir SDK (if so Corsair probably has a list of games with support), if not then I guess we have to find out by user reports :).

I do not believe they require devs to submit anything to use the SDK its public.

Archived