Corsair Community

Impruvments: persistent log file & sensor pol rate change.

Panta

hi, after every reboot or closing of the program the logging stop...

it would be very helpful to make the log file persistent & allow us to limit file size, so we can check data over grater time scale which going to give the user a broader more correct picture.

also it would be good to add an option to modify sensor pol rate

as to reduce IO's with not so impotent data second by second.

Im a slight bit confused but how can you expect a program to work After closing it?:confused:

automatically continue logging from the point it stopped

adding data to the file.

about the sensor pol rate: this would help reducing CL I/O's amount.

I think what he is asking for is to have the program concatenate the log file instead of restarting it when CLink restarts (from a reboot for example).

The log file would need to have some sort of limit placed on it so it didn't get out of hand, or a different log file would need to be created for every new run of CLink or every new day or something similar.

The polling rate on CLink is a source of constant problems for the developers and it does lead to issues like CLink products not wanting to share the irq, etc. Although I don't think the polling rate is not even remotely close to that of any usb mouse, gamepad, or other usb based interactive device, so that technically should not be an issue here.

I think what he is asking for is to have the program concatenate the log file instead of restarting it when CLink restarts (from a reboot for example).

The log file would need to have some sort of limit placed on it so it didn't get out of hand, or a different log file would need to be created for every new run of CLink or every new day or something similar.

The polling rate on CLink is a source of constant problems for the developers and it does lead to issues like CLink products not wanting to share the irq, etc. Although I don't think the polling rate is not even remotely close to that of any usb mouse, gamepad, or other usb based interactive device, so that technically should not be an issue here.

about the I/O's pol rate, i meant that sensors wouldn't read temps

every single second because that is not necessary and creates to much I/O's.

allowing user to change the time of sensors read to once every 5,10,20,30 seconds will be nice to help reduce Clink I/O's read's.

AIDA64 has that option to manually change the sensor read interval

on every single sensor, that maybe to much, but changing sensor read time

at once for all of the sensors would be useful enough.

Archived