Corsair Community

fatal error Ecode: 00000057 and MS AHCI fix

zurfaces

I was having issues updating my force 3 fw. I got fatal error Ecode: 00000057. I was using the AMD drivers and when I would uninstall and restart it WOULDN'T automatically use the MS AHCI drivers. After searching the Corsair forums I couldn't find a fix. I did a quick google search and found a post on sevenforums that fixed my issue.

"I am not very knowledge in this area, so any advice will be at your own risk. I say this because if your OS is installed under AHCI, it will not boot without it. However go into device manager and find your ahci driver. it will probably be located under IDE ATA/Atapi controllers. right click it and go to the drivers tab. Click on update drivers button. It will ask whether to look on the internet or on your computer. Choose look on your computer. Then choose 'let me pick the driver'. I think you will find your drivers in C:/windows/system32/drivers. Choose the driver named msahci. this should change the controller back to the windows controller for ahci. You will probably have to reboot (that is where the fun begins) When windows begins to load up, you should see a baloon saying windows is loading drivers. If you see that it will probably work. If at any time before you choose the msachi driver you change your mind you will have the opportunity to push cancel and will have therefore done nothing. That is what I would try. what you choose is up to you."

I did what he told me and restarted without a hitch and updated my firmware. I figured someone else could use this information. Hopefully it will help someone else. Sorry if this is a re post.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

This works for me.

Go to device manager select the AMD SATA Controller, go to properties, go to update driver, select driver from a list (or something like that) and you have the option of going back to the MS AHCI driver.

Do so, reboot, upload the new FW, go through the above step again to change back to the AMD SATA AHCI driver.

Although, in Anvil testing FW 5.02 is slower than 1.33!

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived