Corsair Community

Corsair AX1200i buzz is normal?

sausit

Hi guys, I have a intel core i7 @ 4.5 Ghz, 16G Ram, nvidia gtx 680 and buy a AX1200i, and is silent when surf on internet but when I play Battlefield 4 with graphics to the maximum options I approach my ear and listen in the back of the PSU a slight sharp buzz :bigeyes:, if I leave the game pitched hum disappears. The buzz is that the PSU is working at full load? That buzzing noise is normal? :sigh!: Thanks

• Corsair Employee

It's not "normal" in the sense that not every PSU will buzz, but some PSUs do. It has to do with the windings of one of the magnetics inside the PSU not being wound tight enough and vibrating at an audible frequency at certain loads.

Not harmful. But if the noise annoys you....

Also, make sure the noise isn't coming from the graphics card. The magnetics on graphics cards can often make the same kind of buzzing noise.

• Corsair Employee

It's ok to have an opinion... even on Corsair's forums. ;):

I'm also sorry that you're upset. I've seen your other posts about problems with your AX1200i and I can understand your frustration.

But your post was filled with a bunch of conspiracy theories based on nothing more than your own experiences.

You've posted in these forums about having "the fan twitch problem", which IS a known problem. Corsair knows why it happens, but they cannot resolve it with replacement units because the problem was realized too late and there are too many units already in the channel.

But not all AX1200i's buzz. So I'm not going to allow you to state as such and I'm sure as heck not going to allow you to tell people to run out and buy other brand products just because you're ticked off.

Do it again and I will ban you.

• Corsair Employee

Maybe in Peru it's ok to have two different log ins and use them to incite arguments by conversing with one's self... but in the Corsiar forums it's grounds for banning.

If I see your IP address again, I'm banning everyone in your neighborhood.

Archived