Corsair Community

TX750 V2 -Restart loop

Mutt

Upon pressing the power button, everything begins starting up and I notice the case fans start out bright then quickly dim. At the same time, I can hear what sounds like hardware ramp up then slow in conjunction with the lights fading. After a couple seconds I can hear the hardware ramp back up, fan lights get as bright as initial startup...then the machine restarts. Whole process takes about 4 seconds and nothing is isplayed on the monitor... never reaches the bios and i doubt it makes it through post. The problem has gotten progressively worse. I used to be able to turn the psu switch off, unplug it, wait a few minutes, then power up and boot normally. I could surf the net and game for about an hour, then get a BSOD (3 in total and all 3 different), then back to the problem. Now the machine appears to be stuck in this restart loop.

Upon the first incident of this problem I checked all connections and made sure the power and reset button were not stuck. While the reset button fealt alittle cheap, it appeared to be ok. Problem persisted

First 2 bsods dealt with video so I thought the card was the issue. 2 days ago I downloaded Furmark, ran it, and the card completed the test without issue.

In an attempt to download and run memtest this morning I pulled the cmos battery thinking maybe the mobo was jacked up but the restart problem remained. I then disconnected the case fans(knowing they arent a major draw but possibly a short) and the problem remained.

Last attempt, I pulled one of the ram sticks out...still a no go.

PSU doesn't smell, is quiet, and the entire system has been rock solid since the build 3 months ago.

Temps have remained in 40c range.

Next I'm going to try removing the APC power/surge protector and if that doesn't work then another outlet in the house. Current outlet is GFCI and not tripped. I have a 3yr old 500watt psu that I'll try but I calculated my power needs at 522watts. Couldn't find the tdp on the vid card so I went with 200.

Thinking back to the reset button, it fealt kinda flaky/flimsy...on a troublefree machine, would the machine run if it is disconnected?

How does the auto switching circuitry work?

Any other ideas?

Power strip/protector had no affect, neither did switching to another room.

500watt tester psu has a 4 pin (2 blk & 2 yel/blk) and a 6 pin (blk & yel) for pci-e. Can I combine these for cpu power?

meh...shuffled my 2 sticks of ram around a few times and I finally got my pc to boot into windows with 1 stick. PSU is definitely not the problem. fwiw..I simply put the 4-pin in the 8-pin cpu power connector without issue and my original problem was still prevelant.

Turned out to be a bad stick of ram. Module in question when installed in dimm1 resulted in the loop. Its partner has been running the machine fine by itself in dimm1 without issue.

Archived