Corsair Community

H115i Platinum Zero RPM Not Working

Troyhe98

I am unable to get the zero rpm mode to work. I have it set in iCue and also ensured both the software and firmware are up-to-date. The only think difference in setup is that I installed the LL140mm to match the rest of the Obsidian 500D SE case. Also checked and made sure the 2 LL140mm fans are plugged into the H115i and not the COPRO.

W05A6dsm.jpg

The zero rpm mode will only work with the stock ML140-Quiet (or RGB) fans. Your LL will sit at 600 minimum. If it’s important, you can move them to the Commander Pro and that controller should be able to start/stop them. However, be aware the stop start and lack of subtle fan noise may reveal other less pleasant sounds.

@C-attack, if by other "less pleasant sounds" are referring to the pump noise...yeah, I can already hear that. The pump on this thing is so much louder than my old H100i v2. I am starting to question whether I made the right choice or not. In regards to the fans...that is really odd that Corsair will not allow another Corsair branded fan to take full advantage. I had tried replacing the LL fans in my case with MLs and the MLs didn't look as nice and made this odd humming noise. Not like they were broke, just different than what I have been used to.

I guess in the past, my computer case has always say on the floor. Since building out the Obsidian I have moved it on top of the desk as more of a show piece, but can hear every sound.

I don’t think it’s a software restriction, but the fan itself. The C-Pro uses a different method for the start stop. There is an old post with some explanation. I’ll try and dig it up later.

Yes, this is the modern paradox — make the case pretty, move it up high, hear a lot more. I prefer light fan noise to cover over pump hum, but that is subjective and fan dependent. On the other hand, even at slowest speed your fans will keep you from taking a coolant temp penalty or needing to cycle the fans to bring it back down before you start real loads.

Those are both the expected minimums for each device and everything appears to working normally. Here is the post I refernced earlier. I need to go back and correct a mis-statement. It appears the ML-RGB will run zero mode. I just haven't tried it for the reasons mentioned above. Frankly, the LL spook me when they are not spinning. It always makes me think something is wrong. They look fantastic in motion, although I do wish they could have gotten the minimum speed a touch lower on the LL140. The new white versions appear to have lower minimums, so perhaps we will see changes down the line and you are not the first person to mention this.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=972622&postcount=23

Yes, the Platinum series minimum pump speed is bit higher than one might expect. I don't have one and can't judge if it is really noisier than my Pro series at 2160 rpm. I do not hear that H115i Pro pump until I put my head right next to the plexi door on the case. However, that could be an option for you. The Pro series cooler has three speed modes of 1100/2160/2850. The high and medium speeds are essentially equivalent, but the added benefit would be the low 1100 speed to use when on the desktop doing quiet work. I would not use that speed for gaming/rendering or other professional loads, but it would still work. You would be giving up the more complex 24(?) panel pump LEDs in exchange for a simpler ring that does rainbow, pulse, shift, strobe, CPU temp, plus the normal user static/solid/gradient. Since you most likely are using the Commander Pro as the lighting control center, you probably are not using the standalone lighting controller function of the Platinum. There are suggestions the cold plate is slightly better on the Plat., but 1-2C at max load may not be a concern. Anyway, that all depends on whether you are still in your return window and if it is appealing to you. Just an option.

Archived