Corsair Community

Need Some RGB fans

ShadowSabre

Hi I am posting to ask if the RGB fans that come on the h100i Platinum will ever be for sale individually or in 3 pack. I am using the sp120 grey fans from the original h100i and they work much better then the included ml120 fans that come with the h150i to cool my overclocked I7-8086k, but would love to have some Rgb goodness.

You are definitely not the first to ask, but their policy is not to announce future unreleased items. It's seems impossible for them not to do so at some point, but there are no guarantees or indication of timing.

Your experience with the SP120L grey vs ML120 is the opposite of most people. In addition to being massively less harsh in tone, the majority of people report a slight coolant temp decrease (-1C or so), which is usually all there is to be had with fans. The only way I can see the SP120L having a chance at more airflow is if you kept them pinned at 2000 rpm plus. That is a lot of noise and hopefully you aren't so close to the edge that a 1C difference between 1600 rpm and 2400 rpm matters.

Well I must be special cause my coolant temps with the sp120's is down at 22-24c and with the ml120 I reach 29-30c fastest the sp120 will ramp up is 2200 and my cpu temps don't go over 50c when gaming but with ml's it 60c so I see that it benefical for me at least to keep it cool

There must be another unaccounted variable in your comparison. The difference between a poor fan and a good fan might be 3-4C at a significant wattage. Those are two good fans and only handling about 150W. There really shouldn’t be any clear differences in temperature in like testing conditions. Regardless, you won’t get an 8C reduction from moving fan speed from 1600 to 2200 rpm, even at 300W. One thing to be mindful of on the H150i is pump speed. While the difference between the Performance and Extreme settings (2160 vs 2850) is likely invisible with an 8086, the Quiet 1100 rpm speed will be noticeable. It is meant for low load desktop work. Other users have reported a 6-10C difference at load. That’s quite a bit.

Corsair really needs to make a h150i platinum I buy it straight away and have my rgb lol

You are not alone in wishing for that and their appears to be interest. I don’t know if it will get made or not. Things aren’t always so simple when it comes to AIO manufacturing. Surely the fans are coming, but no timeline there either.

Archived