Corsair Community

K95 Platinum - Start / stop blinking key.

roonsmits

My photography workflow is based on using multiple desktops in Windows 10 (nope I'm not a gamer ;-).

By pressing G2 I’m starting CaptureOne Pro on desktop 2, pressing G3 starts photoshop on desktop 3. G1 has another function (CTRL-ALT-K to trigger camera in Capture One via USB). I’ve configured Capslock to blink red/white when pressed (until pressed again).

Switching desktops can also be done by pressing 1, 2 or 3 on the numpad, that way I switch desktops without starting the programs again (since that is already running). And here is where the fun starts.

I was thinking to also use the red/white blinking for my desktop selectors 1, 2 and 3 on the numeric pad. Making them blink isn’t too difficult to achieve, but . . . . making the key stop blinking is my challenge.

Switching to a desktop will start the key on the numpad to blink red/white (so far so good). I can let the key blink I.e. 5 or 99 times after being pressed, though I’d like the key to remain blinking for as long as I’m working on that desktop. And as soon as I switch to on other desktop say desktop 2 (by hitting 2 on the numeric pad), the key that is blinking for the current desktop has to stop blinking and the new key (in this case the 2) needs to start blinking red/white.

How can I achieve that?

I was able to do this by creating a separate profile for each desktop, but I hoped there would be an easier way. I’m not looking forward to maintain as many profiles as there are desktops.

what you have asked for isnt super cut and dry. You want probably a direct profile selection on the number keys, possibly with retain original output.

I was able to do this by creating a separate profile for each desktop, but I hoped there would be an easier way. I’m not looking forward to maintain as many profiles as there are desktops.

This is the way. Saving actions and lighting effects can help you synchronize the editing, or potentially keeping them in a single cue folder can allow certain remaps to be applied to all profiles at once, but there are gotchas and caveats. iCUE is basically a wysiwyg editor and in effect, it takes time to craft what you want - there's no magic bullet.

cheers back I think it might help, but post what you come up with and i think there's probably a solution out there with the SDK if the application can't do what you want. pulsing the caps lock key indefinitely but toggled seems like a very doable thing in the SDK based on my experiments

Archived