Corsair Community

no keyboard detected at boot

Tokageroh

nothing is really helpfull from people that are handling my ticket either... I should have asked for a refund and gone with razer...

i can may give you the FLASH FILE. but they told me that I cant post them anywhere else. but if the MODS are ok with it? then i could send you the flash file. but anyway. RMA people mostly giving the answer that is allready gived on the forum.

i also have a problem with my CUE that i have a DISCONNECT sound when CUE loads. also i got same reply's like : reinstall CUE etc.

i can may give you the FLASH FILE. but they told me that I cant post them anywhere else. but if the MODS are ok with it? then i could send you the flash file. but anyway. RMA people mostly giving the answer that is allready gived on the forum.

i also have a problem with my CUE that i have a DISCONNECT sound when CUE loads. also i got same reply's like : reinstall CUE etc.

Yesterday they told me just go complain with asus. Well I did report a question there but the answers this support gives me are too simple and like a bot or something....

Ill probably refrain from buying corsair in the future due to their support beeing crap.

Yesterday they told me just go complain with asus. Well I did report a question there but the answers this support gives me are too simple and like a bot or something....

Ill probably refrain from buying corsair in the future due to their support beeing crap.

I might have fixed it though with the ASUS support I will test over a couple of days. They adviced me to clear my CMOS.

Hi guys. I am having the exactly same issue as you. In cold post, the k95 is not recognized, the computer boots very slowly and I have to unplug and plug it again to get it work. And this started after the last FW update.

I am on a ASROCK z68 extreme4, completed updated. Before the last FW, I had no problem.

And I only get the k95 to work on warm boots if I let the "usb legacy support" enabled on bios. On cold boots, I have to wait for Windows 7 Ult to start, it gives me an usb error, I unplug then plug it back, and it works. Kind of annoying thing to be done everytime.

I believe the problem is with the last FW.

And I have tested it using USB3 and USB2 ports. And different ones too. Same issue everytime on cold boot.

It does not matter if I set the back button to Bios mode or normal one.

Edited by Alcaloide1

tell me if it fixed it ;)

no fix either. I get the problem and then when I press the reset button its fixed and boots within 10 seconds but I dont really want to press it all the time...

And in further contact with ASUS they basically said they arent gonna do anything about this and the manufacturer of the device should fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
As I have the same problem and my MB is from Asrock, and tha fact that before the last FW upgrade it was working, for me the problem is with CORSAIR...

I keep getting USB not recognized, have to unplug and plug again. Very annoying

My problem is with them also but they dont give any updates :(.

Try this it may help with asus usb. Shut down the pc turn the psu off and remove the power cable(very important) from the psu for few minutes. If you don't mind clear cmos before this, or do it without clearing and see if it helps if not then clear cmos and redo it. On rampage v extreme it has on bios a option to not support any usb devices till OS boots, for faster boot times, or a partial support of usb devices (like mouse and kb) check them too, before and after.

Had the same issue with a k95 rgb, a clear cmos and removing any power of the system helped, even I did that to eliminate a exclamation usb device on device manager (ghost device) but helped with the k95 that I had to switch to bios mode to get recognized on boot to enter bios. Now no need to switch on mode 1 and I can enter bios with it.

Hope it will help you guys.

Try this it may help with asus usb. Shut down the pc turn the psu off and remove the power cable(very important) from the psu for few minutes. If you don't mind clear cmos before this, or do it without clearing and see if it helps if not then clear cmos and redo it. On rampage v extreme it has on bios a option to not support any usb devices till OS boots, for faster boot times, or a partial support of usb devices (like mouse and kb) check them too, before and after.

Had the same issue with a k95 rgb, a clear cmos and removing any power of the system helped, even I did that to eliminate a exclamation usb device on device manager (ghost device) but helped with the k95 that I had to switch to bios mode to get recognized on boot to enter bios. Now no need to switch on mode 1 and I can enter bios with it.

Hope it will help you guys.

I tried this it did nothing for my hero 6 :(. I can reset if I want to go in BIOS but the slow boottimes are killing me. Still wish I got a razer mechanic keyboard...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

My keyboard: Corsair K63

To enter bios mode (the only way to use the keyboard during reboot)

Press together the:

F1 key - Windows key - Little lock button

Now you can reboot e.g. to go to Linux

The same key combination to toggle back out ofd bios mode again