Corsair Community

No Display after installing new ram

dannywayy77

I just installed 2x4gb 1.5v 13333 mhz on my Intel DP45SG. It will not take them though. I know my max ram is 8gb and I've updated my bios so no problem there. And otherwise it's the exact same ram I have in it besides the fact it's 1.7 v and they're 2x1gb instead of the new ram which is 1.5 2x4gb. I've tried every configuration of putting them in, New mixed with old and just new with no luck. I'm all out of ideas. Any Help?

New Memory Model #CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

Sorry the new memory is going to be incompatible with your system due to chipset limitations of your older board and new memory technology. Not to mention your system is incompatible with 4 gig modules all together. You would need 4x2gigs , not 2x4gig modules to make up your 8gig max.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cmx8gx3m4a1333c9

These SHOULD work with that system. I'm going to say should because of the age of the system.

• 3 weeks later...

I seen this in your manual maybe it helps maybe it doesn't.

Remove the video card in the Primary PCI Express x16 before installing or

upgrading memory to avoid interference with the memory retention mechanism.

• To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the

board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect

(SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the

chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-

SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory

settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not

function under the determined frequency.

Just out of courisity are the double sided ram chips?

I found this it may or may not help you.

In SDRAM single sided (high density) can be used only in modern PCs. Old PCs don't always read the memory right because they calculate how much RAM to access based on the number of chips on the stick, not taking into account that each chip might contain twice the storage.

So for old PCs you should use double-sided (low density) RAM to ensure that it will work correctly in your system. Otherwise, the PC might end up convinced that your memory has only half the storage capacity that it is actually capable of.

Archived