Corsair Community

New Build - Fan Issues

MTDonnell

Hello,

So I just finished my new PC build.

Everything is running great except my fans are running inconsistently.

They're jumping from 800rpm's, to 1400rpms and stabilizing at 1400rpms.

All of this is happening when I am just sitting on my home screen.

Even tried using ASUS's fan software, that didn't work.

Also tried Corsairs software and that didn't change the fan speeds either.

My CPU is staying at 35 degrees Celsius as well.

I was puzzled from the AIO cooler and the connections that are attached to it. I have the Corsair 500D SE which comes with the RGB node and Commander Pro connector, so I just connected the CPU fans to the node and left the cables disconnected that came on the cooler. Could this be the issue?

I have the USB connected to the motherboard and the CPU header connected to the motherboard but the other 4 connectors are disconnected.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't believe this is normal as all 6 fans running at 1400rpm's constantly is rather loud when it's supposed to be on 'quiet' mode.

Any help is much appreciated.

Build is below:

Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

EVGA 1080 FTW

Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000

Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2

Corsair - Obsidian 500D RGB SE

Corsair - RMx White 850

Hi buddy.

Firstly i would connect the Fans on the Radiator to the AIO pump as this ensures the correct operation of your cooling system regardless of software...

Secondly.. read this...

RGB and hardware FAQ

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

and this

Cooler Faq

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174442

Thirdly.. have you set up fan curves? and have you used the CPU as the Temp source?. this would cause erratic fan speeds. better off basing them off the probes supplied for the commander pro and placing the probes in your case in locations that suit you

So, I connected the pump and cooler fans together and now I lost RGB in one of my cooler fans and the exhaust fan in the back..... they’re spinning but no lights. I’ve tried everything from software to placing them in different spots on the hub to no avail.

So, I connected the pump and cooler fans together and now I lost RGB in one of my cooler fans and the exhaust fan in the back..... they’re spinning but no lights. I’ve tried everything from software to placing them in different spots on the hub to no avail.

All of these fans were synced and working properly before I connected the cooler fans to the pump connectors.

Another update.....

Found that my RGB fan wire was spliced from the wire cover on the 500D...

GREAT.

I am still unable to sync all the fans up to the RGB hub, when I plug the two cooler fans in they wont turn on.. No matter what setting I select in iCUE.

I am going to order a new fan and hopefully be able to sync this up along with all of the other fans.

Archived