Corsair Community

Force GT 120GB 1.3.3 should i risk it?

gloomfrost

I got my drive on Friday and after 4 days I'm not having any issues at all, i took all day Friday and tweaked all my windows settings using these forums walkthroughs and did a complete back up with sector alignment and I'm getting great performance on my sata 2 connections should i risk it and update my firmware? I'm not even sure what firmware the drive shipped with but i know i saw 1.3 something.

I know the official stance is "If you are stable and do not have issues, we suggest that you do not flash your firmware."

However if there really is a flaw by design that will ultimately affect all Sandforce memory should i risk an update? All experts input welcomed.

yeah i think I'll count my blessings. I really want to use this drive for Skyrim so ill re-image when the games gets close and run some benches, if its different ill update, ( or if problems come up) but for now 5 days old its working great. I mean amazing.

Hi Guys,

I just purchased a 120GB Force GT SSD to replace a dual 60GB ******** in RAID0 that I intend to move to an older i5-750 system I have had awhile, they actually were in that system until I built the i7-2600K, I wanted to go to the SATAIII Corsair to get the full potential out of sys. Problem is that I want to update the Firmware before I install do fresh Win7 install but the system is running a RAID0 array, can I disconnect one of the Cav Green 2TB Drive and just connect the Force GT and update from there or am I going to have to wait and install Win 7 on the Force GT and THEN update? I read a bunch of the posts to try to find the answer but the only thing I am getting is that the SATAIII needs to be of Intel chipset flavor rather than the Marvell that is an add-on. I really want to get this "right" from the beginning so I don't have to deal with the frequent "lock-ups" I have been getting up till now with the "new" system. the i5-750 Gigabyte MOBO sys was rock solid, the locks didn't start till the MSI i7-2600K sys was implemented and since it has been all the time :mad:

Any help will be appreciated. Dan

Hi Guys,

I just purchased a 120GB Force GT SSD to replace a dual 60GB ******** in RAID0 that I intend to move to an older i5-750 system I have had awhile, they actually were in that system until I built the i7-2600K, I wanted to go to the SATAIII Corsair to get the full potential out of sys. Problem is that I want to update the Firmware before I install do fresh Win7 install but the system is running a RAID0 array, can I disconnect one of the Cav Green 2TB Drive and just connect the Force GT and update from there or am I going to have to wait and install Win 7 on the Force GT and THEN update? I read a bunch of the posts to try to find the answer but the only thing I am getting is that the SATAIII needs to be of Intel chipset flavor rather than the Marvell that is an add-on. I really want to get this "right" from the beginning so I don't have to deal with the frequent "lock-ups" I have been getting up till now with the "new" system. the i5-750 Gigabyte MOBO sys was rock solid, the locks didn't start till the MSI i7-2600K sys was implemented and since it has been all the time :mad:

Any help will be appreciated. Dan

It seems ideal to be able to upgrade firmware before you install OS and make it your boot drive. I have been able to upgrade my firmware with my current ssd by disconnecting it and putting it into another pc and using the update tool. My other pc is using the windows ACHI driver and it makes it much easier since my primary pc uses the AMD SATA controller. It sounds like your Green drives are not the boot drives and just used for storage? If so, I don't think you'll have issues disconnecting Green for your new SSD and updating to 1.3.3.

Archived