Corsair Community

Scimitar: Macros + KeyStrokes = Mashup

Amirantha

Are there any plans to implement a generic mouse button action for the num pad keys on the Scimitar? Having to make macros is great in most situations, but I find that I need to get almost overly creative with the binds so they do not interfere with normal usage.

If I use something simple for the binds that will give me easy access (multiple routes) to the items I bind such as Shift+1, or Ctrl+E, I will find that sometimes if I happen to hit a keyboard stroke at the same time as a mouse button, they are mashed together rather than delimited from each other. For instance:

I hit KeyPad 10 on the mouse which = Shift+1 and I hit "2" within milliseconds or at the same time.

Result =Execution of Macro Mouse Pad 10 (Shift+1) directly followed another macro (Shift+2) which happens to be assigned to Mouse Pad 11. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is like my key strokes on my keyboard are getting injected into my macro calls from the mouse. In the end, my actual keyboard stroke does not get executed unless I hit the "2" key again after the macro executes.

I have tested by moving Shift+2 to Mouse Pad 3 where there is no chance of hitting it on accident, and I get the same results. In my scenario, I am using the buttons in rapid succession a lot, and not having this issue would be pretty important.

I still feel like this would still be an issue if I used some very complicated macros for my mouse calls, but instead of getting 2 macros I might get some unexpected results when the key strokes and mouse calls mashed together.

At the moment, I am trying out CUE2, and I have always kept my firmware up to date hoping for a fix :)

Any ideas would be helpful, and thanks for the great work!

Archived