Corsair Community

Corsair Raptor HS40 still not compatible with Windows 10???

George2943

I have read a lot of threads on this subject and still haven't found a definitive answer to why my (as well as many other people's) Raptor HS40 headset still doesn't work. Windows 10 was released in 2015 and I'm surprised that nearly a year and a half later there isn't a solution working for everyone. Since then I have a new laptop which I think was released in 2016 meaning Windows 10 would have been a fresh install instead of an upgrade which some say could be an issue. I have installed the latest update for the Corsair Gaming Headset Control Panel several times but my headset still doesn't work. The control panel also will not open. The headset is not appearing in device manager and there are no errors found. I don't have the box or receipt for the product and would really like to avoid buying a new headset. Are there any solutions to my problem?

The driver (2.0.37) should work fine in Windows 10. Though i don't know the current status of it after the Creator's update.

What do you mean the headset is not appearing in Device Manger, Is there a entry for the headset under Playback Devices (Sound>Playback Devices)

I am having the same problem--I downloaded and installed the 2.0.37 driver/control panel--the windows 10 computer does not recognize the HS40 headphones--they do not appear in the windows 10 control panel despite being plugged into various usb ports and the corsair control panel choices are greyed out except exit.

I uninstalled the corsair control panel, reinstalled, rebooted, but no help. The volume and mic leds light up on the headset cord.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an incompatibility with Windows 10?

Thank you in advance!

Open Device Manager, Are there any devices that have a error/warning icon on them that is related to the headset. e.g. Unknown USB device, The headset device having an error, etc.

Can you try the headset on another computer? Does it work fine?

Thank you for your reply Toasted!

I tried to connect to a Windows 10 laptop numerous times last night, could not get the headset to be recognized, went to bed dejected.

After booting up desktop Win 10 machine, plugged headset into usb port, heard the friendly "usb device connected" tone, opened the Corsair Gaming Headset Control Panel, and was able to verify functionality of microphone and am listening to tunes through the headset!!

Very strange--spent quite a few hours yesterday trying to get this to work, installing, reinstalling, booting, rebooting, resetting USB ports, etc all to no avail--should have thrown in the towel earlier yesterday!

I have no idea why things are working now, but I am very pleased with the headset!!

Thank you for your help!!

Bummer!! I posted too soon!! While sitting at the computer, audio cut out of headset and was transferred to speakers and choices of restore/information on Corsair Control Panel are greyed out! Headset does not show up on device manager, no errors are listed amongst any of the USB controllers/devices, sound video and game controllers, or audio inputs and outputs. The leds on the control switch on the headset cord are lit. I have tried plugging the device into 4 different usb ports with no joy. ARRRGH.

On the bright side, the headset worked well for 10 minutes.

Again I am not sure why the headset is no longer recognized by my computer.

More help (or empathy) would be greatly appreciated!

Open Device Manager, Are there any devices that have a error/warning icon on them that is related to the headset. e.g. Unknown USB device, The headset device having an error, etc.

Can you try the headset on another computer? Does it work fine?

No, I can't see any errors at all. I also have no other computer to try it on as my whole family use Windows 10

Archived