Corsair Community

Is This Case Actually For Sale?

scrib

I have been looking for this case online for the past week (or more) and cannot find it anywhere. The 2 places I can see it listed do not have any.:mad:

Does Corsair really want to sell this thing or simply keep people in suspense?? I am trying to be patient, but the complete unavailability seems to me to be a little insane. This reminds me of the Wii scare of a few years back when it was almost impossible to get your hands on one.

Here simply venting as I continue to troll for this seemingly awesome case. Although, I am getting concerned that my case lust will not be met once I actually have one!

Cheers Corsair and nice job on the case (and causing many potential buyers headaches trying to locate your products:mad:)!

UPDATE: Found one in Canada! And, yes, I bought it. Paid only $5 more than I would have from NewEgg and now my hunt is over! I will have it this time next week and then BLISS! All my new toys will get installed and happiness will ensue. Good luck if you are hunting for one, I would suggest looking in the Netherlands - I hear they have dozens of 'em!

Does anyone know of a store that acutally has this case in stock? I think there is a revision to the design or a major supplier problem as many suppliers (micro center, frys, zipzoomfly, newegg, amazon, etc) do not have specific eta's for these cases. If anyone can tell me where to get on and not get ripped off I will be forever in debt to them, as I am losing patience on waiting for a case to become available!

Ya, but newegg keeps rolling back the eta on their website. Earlier in the week it was at 10/21/09 then 10/23/09 and now its 10/28/09. Either the cases are selling out extremely quickly (unlikely given that they are charging 299.99 + approx 35.00 shipping) or they are rolling out their eta as the date approaches and they still are not receiving word form Corsair as to when to expect shipment. I have checked google, but the lowest price with shipping is around 335.00; not an acceptable price considering this case was selling for 220.00 less than 2 weeks ago at micro center. I know the msrp is 299, but in today's day and age, no one expects to pay msrp +shippinh or tax, and no one likes to feel overcharged. Considering that corsair has a minimum order quantity of somewhere around 70 cases (from what i am told), I think it is much more likely that no new cases have gone out to retailers in some time, but that's just my educated guess. I guess I am asking if anyone knows where to get this case shipped for at most 5 bucks over msrp.

(Edited for tone) :)

Amazon has it for $299 with free super saver shipping... except they've been out of stock for over 2 months now. How do I know? well today it's been two months since I ordered it and customer support says it should be shipped out today which I highly doubt it will happen. :mad:

Oh yeah this is what Amazon customer support said to me in the last email I asked for a status update 10 days ago.

"Upon checking our website I see that the temporarily out of stock. When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available," this means the item isn't ordered frequently. We can't predict exactly how long it'll take to obtain it or when we'll be able to ship it."

It really sucks that I can't cancel my order because I want to spend this Amazon gift certificate I got a few months back.

I think Corsair simply needs to sell the case themselves if availability is such an issue (and we all know it is a serious issue right now). I know it took me a while to find one and that was after placing orders at THREE other retailers only to find out it was backordered.

To Wired who thinks the case is unavailable due to popularity - rubbish (and Google is useless when the case is backordered, or worse, taken completely off a seller's website, e.g. Microcenter.) There is no way cases are selling out since they are not available anywhere!

CORSAIR - fix this issue for your case fans or lose 'em!!!

Well it may be more expensive online with Corsair, but I cannot find it in any stores today. I did find it reasonably priced from an Ebay store in Fremont California (of course after I bought one from Canada!) I am excited to see this bad boy and get my new rig up and running.:biggrin:

Got mine in the door today, and I have to say is WOW! Incredible case. Everything just works, fits, looks good, and laid out smartly. I know this has been said over and over in these Forums, but excellent job it was definitely worth the wait.:D:

Newegg also has it in stock and it is now free shipping. A couple days ago, Newegg was charging for shipping which for me in NY made Newegg+shipping more expensive than Amazon+tax. Too bad my order already shipping from Amazon; Newegg is now cheaper & faster delivery than Amazon. Oh well.

I am looking forward to the 800D replacing a new Cooler Master ATCS 840 that I ordered first, which I am going to send back because of horrible craftsmanship. A bent back panel that bulges out, screws that won't lie flat because the holes don't align, a front fan that was stuck because it was jammed in and another top fan that rattles and vibrates. Really appalling quality control.

Looks like "they" don't want me to have this case, I was supposed to get it yesterday (30th) and now tracking is showing the case is going backwards in shipping. I am really angry right now having to wait 2 months and now to wait till Tuesday to possibly see this thing. Can't wait to be further disappointed.

Did you order from Amazon? Because I did and I think the same thing is about to happen to me. Mine was first scanned in Phoenix on 10/27/09 with a delivery date of 11/3/09 but tracking progress hasn't shown a single update since its 10/28/09 departure scan in Phoenix. Did your package show any progress updates?

Yeah, I ordered from Amazon, I was surprised to see they delivered it on Saturday after seeing the estimated date of Nov 3rd. I looked again at the tracking and I mistaken the info for it traveling from Fairfield to a hub closer to San Francisco where I live but it was still in transit from Sacramento to Fairfield, but for 12 hours it must've been a big truck or something happened.

But case arrived in good shape, box shows typical delivery battle scars, foam cracked as seen by others, everything else is fine, I'll probably share some pics of it.

Archived