Corsair Community

Windows Lock made worse

OriginalOreos

A few weeks prior, I made a post concerning the default settings for lighting when Windows was in lock mode. At the time, the color profiles for RGB strips and fans were freezing until the computer was unlocked. Not so much of a big deal, but following the most recent update, all RGB strips and fans don't just freeze, they default into rainbow spirals.

That doesn't improve it, it actually worsened the problem. Please fix this. Go back to freezing the stored colors/patterns, if you have to, but the rainbow stuff needs to go.

I'm glad I saw this before updating!

My preferred situation would be to have an option for what the software should do when the machine gets locked.

My personal preference would be to dramatically dim everything or just turn it off (I'd be quite happy with static colours).

I definitely do NOT want rainbows :(

Before the update I had only one LL120 fan (exactly the first of the three attached to the Lighting Node Pro) running a rainbow effect during Windows locked state and when the PC is booting, it wasn't such a big problem because the first fan is pretty hidden to the sight. Now, all of the three fan display a big astonishing and shining rainbow effect. It looks like an amusement park display setting, I don't like it at all.

Archived