Corsair Community

500R vs 600T

Bobobear

600T is bigger - it's 3 inches longer and 2 inches wider.

600T: 20" (H) x 23.3" (L) x 10.4" (W)

500R: 20.5” x 8.1” x 20”

If you are worried about cable management, 600T might give you more breathing room behind the motherboard. I say might since the 500R sides seem to bump out.

• 8 months later...

Grrrrrrr Corsair, you utter gits, I bought a case only last year, and I was planning on keeping it through several upgrades, but I saw the 600T and read a few reviews, and now I want one, so effin badly it's driving me nuts.

What a nice looking case, seriously it's one of the most outright beautiful cases I've ever seen, and the layout looks perfect inside, especially as I'm a bit OCD about cable management, and my current case is good for cable management, but nowhere near the quality of the 500R or 600T.

I just wanted to ask a few questions about the 600T, how much does it weigh? I won't be carrying it about too much, but it'd be nice to have it's weight stated on the product page.

Is the front USB3 header properly internal now? Or is it still pass through only?

And can the led lights be switched off, or are they still always on? It's not a deal breaker, just curious. ^___^

Grrrrrrr Corsair, you utter gits, I bought a case only last year, and I was planning on keeping it through several upgrades, but I saw the 600T and read a few reviews, and now I want one, so effin badly it's driving me nuts.

What a nice looking case, seriously it's one of the most outright beautiful cases I've ever seen, and the layout looks perfect inside, especially as I'm a bit OCD about cable management, and my current case is good for cable management, but nowhere near the quality of the 500R or 600T.

I just wanted to ask a few questions about the 600T, how much does it weigh? I won't be carrying it about too much, but it'd be nice to have it's weight stated on the product page.

Is the front USB3 header properly internal now? Or is it still pass through only?

And can the led lights be switched off, or are they still always on? It's not a deal breaker, just curious. ^___^

Gross weight is approx 30 Lbs. It's not particularly light, but I.M.H.O. this is further testament to how well made they are. A 600T will last well into the future, and is made to be sturdy and robust.

As you say, (if like me), you won't be lifting it about a lot, they are ideal!!

I have an older gen Graphite 600T, that has the USB3 pass through for the header. There is a supplied backplate to do this properly however. Ergo, one doesn't need to do any bodging or modding to achieve neatly routing the USB3 cable through the case, and out of the back.

The LED's are on the 200mm fans themselves. If the fans are on, obviously the LED's are on. If required one can obviously swap out the 200mm fans for your preference. Ensure you choose the right width specification that will fit however, more so with the front 200mm fan. On my 600T for example, a fan no larger than 200mm x 20mm can be fitted due to the plastic retaining bracket for the fan. Later 600T's however, screw the front 200mm fan directly to the chassis, so a 25mm or 30mm fan may fit.

Personally, I added some cold cathode's with a separate switch to my 600T for a bit of extra lighting, and with the 600T's excellent cable management design, even that was extremely easy to do :).

Yes, I'm biased LOL! I have a 600T, and frankly, it's perfect. Several friends and family have similar priced and spec'd cases on paper, but many on seeing my 600T have expressed regret that they didn't go for one instead!!

Thinking of a 600T? Highly recommend them! Ultimately though, do a little homework on what exactly you want out of your case!! The 600T is extremely versatile and can take on many roles. But, sometimes another Corsair case may be better suited based on your personal needs.

Otherwise, the 600T gets a 10/10 from me :).

Gross weight is approx 30 Lbs. It's not particularly light, but I.M.H.O. this is further testament to how well made they are. A 600T will last well into the future, and is made to be sturdy and robust.

As you say, (if like me), you won't be lifting it about a lot, they are ideal!!

I have an older gen Graphite 600T, that has the USB3 pass through for the header. There is a supplied backplate to do this properly however. Ergo, one doesn't need to do any bodging or modding to achieve neatly routing the USB3 cable through the case, and out of the back.

The LED's are on the 200mm fans themselves. If the fans are on, obviously the LED's are on. If required one can obviously swap out the 200mm fans for your preference. Ensure you choose the right width specification that will fit however, more so with the front 200mm fan. On my 600T for example, a fan no larger than 200mm x 20mm can be fitted due to the plastic retaining bracket for the fan. Later 600T's however, screw the front 200mm fan directly to the chassis, so a 25mm or 30mm fan may fit.

Personally, I added some cold cathode's with a separate switch to my 600T for a bit of extra lighting, and with the 600T's excellent cable management design, even that was extremely easy to do :).

Yes, I'm biased LOL! I have a 600T, and frankly, it's perfect. Several friends and family have similar priced and spec'd cases on paper, but many on seeing my 600T have expressed regret that they didn't go for one instead!!

Thinking of a 600T? Highly recommend them! Ultimately though, do a little homework on what exactly you want out of your case!! The 600T is extremely versatile and can take on many roles. But, sometimes another Corsair case may be better suited based on your personal needs.

Otherwise, the 600T gets a 10/10 from me :).

You've only gone and made me want one even more now lol

Like I say, the fan thing doesn't bother me in the slightest, as my current case has led fans as well, and the weight isn't too bad either, and the USB pass through might not be a problem either if I can buy an adapter, cause I like to keep everything internal when it comes to the front panel. :)

It's definitely one that I want, the cable management, the fact the HDD caddys can hold all 2.5" drives and the sheer good looks make it a must have, and once I've got a bit of money together I'm definitely gonna get one, thanks for the info :)

I think I might do an all Corsair build, and go proper WC on the CPU, and and... Grrr, damn you Corsair, you're making me want to spend money I haven't got, damn you and your fantastic quality and design, and your brilliant customer support. DAMN YOU ALLLLL xD

Edit:

Well Corsair, here's £135 of my money, I've made up my mind and bought a White 600T, and I absolutely cannot wait for it to arrive, I'll post up pictures once I've got my main rig in it, you can thank Arctic Wolf for me buying one :D

• 1 month later...
LOL.

Enjoy :).

I am doing lol, it's an absolutely stunning case, and it's so easy to build a system into, and I just love it, so thank you for recommending it :)

I need a better camera to take photo's with though, cause my phones camera is good, but it simply cannot do the case justice, so I'm hoping that when our lass comes up she'll bring her Nikon up so I can use it :D

• 3 weeks later...
Indeed, post some pics when all built :).

I've just updated a thread I made about my rig in my 600T, it's here if anyone is interested http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108367 ^___^

Thanks again for the recommendation about the case, it's gotten quite a few people jealous of me for having it, and those that have seen it have all said that's an amazing looking case :D:

Archived