Corsair Community

MSI Live Update Failures

pongalong

• 1 month later...
Uninstall the old driver before updating.

Dave

So I think I'm seeing the same problem. I initiate the driver update, the utility (MSI Live Update 6) reports nothing amiss, but a further scan proposes the same update again.

Can you advise exactly which device "Intel Network drivers 21.1.30.0" relates to (I couldn't find a device with the 21.1.29.0 vsn installed) and provide short instructions on process to do the update?

Many thanks

Hi Rau,

You have probably done some online searches and found others with the same problem? The device is in the name: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Intel LAN Driver 21.1.30.0. My suggestion is that this is an Intel 'default' driver and Intel or Softpedia or the MSI folder on your Corsair one will have a copy of the relevant driver or... (see hidden folder - C:\MSI\LiveUpdate\DL_FILE). This would be a relevant link: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/INTEL/MSI-Z270-Gaming-Pro-Intel-LAN-Driver-21-1-30-0.shtml.

Whichever route you take make sure your version of 21.1.30.0 is OK for a Corsair One/PRO/ with Windows 10 Home etc - the MSI folder will have the relevant driver when you run Live Update.

Click on the autorun and the software will take it from there.

Hope that helps - Dave

Woops - should have included this - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads

Additional 4 Sep 2017

Following the above I used Live Update and found a new update, Intel_WIFI_Drivers_19.30.0000.5429. Did the download/install, restart and back to the problem as per above. Went into the DL_FILE folder and clicked on the exe which revealed Setup.exe. Clicked on Setup and followed the Intel instructions for typical install, finished OK and then restarted - this time Live Update did not clear the Intel_WIFI_Drivers_19.30.0000.5429 entry. Clearly WiFi was working so into Device Manager - Network Adapters - Wireless AC 8265 to find driver version 19.71.0.4 i.e. Intel_WIFI_Drivers_19.30.0000.5429 as per files in the DL_FILE. At this point my comment on Live Update 6 would be Flaky! In Device Manager tried Update Driver and 19.71.0.4 aka Intel_WIFI_Drivers_19.30.0000.5429 was most recent. Took it one stage further Uninstall/ReInstall/Restart but Live Update refuses to accept that an update has taken place. Looks like manual updates in future and, mostly, ignore Live Update 6.

Bottom Line - Went back to a recovery point clearing all the install/reinstall positions from Live Update 6. Did a cold start and Live Update 6 is clean and happy that I have the latest drivers+BIOS. Why all the playing about with Intel_WIFI_Drivers_19.30.0000.5429 and BT updates is anyone's guess. If it ain't broken then no need to fix it!

Dave

Archived