Corsair Community

H100i pump problem?

fevgatos

Hello,

I have an 8700k @ 4.7ghz @ 1,14v, delided.

I'm using an h100i (not the v2, the original one) with 2 LL120 fans. Room temperature is a bit high (around 30's, greek summer!).

The problem i'm having is that the liquid temp reaches insane levels. In cold boot it is about 37-40, which is fine. During a single CB run it goes up to ~44, which is still okay I guess. But during prolonged usage, even just gaming, it can reach 55 to 60. My CPU temps are okayish (maxes at 68-70), but that's because its delided.

Pump seems to be working fine according to iCUE, it constantly runs at ~2.300. So, any ideas on what might be wrong? Is it just time for a new one, since I think its quite old already (around 6? years)?.

Also, since im buying a new one anyways (h115i rgb platinum), could I use the h100i with g12 kraken on a 1080ti? Does it fit on the g12? And do you think it will be fine even with the ~50's liquid temp?

The most likely answer is you a have a building flow restriction in the cooler. Eventually all AIOs will succumb to this fate since you can’t open and clean, replace fluid, etc. That was a pretty good cooler and a good run. I would not recommend trying to adapt it for GPU duty. The temp you see now are with a measly 95-135W. Your GPU will be triple that and base liquid temps will be astounding.

Thanks for the answer.

Since i've already ordered the g12 i'll try and see how it goes. I'm assuming it will still have better temps than the stock cooler the GPU has right now, but we will see.

My main issue is, I want to reduce the heat inside the case as much as possible and move it to the radiators. If the h100 can't handle it I might get a 150i alongside the h115 platinum.

Does either of them fit with the g12 kraken?

Edit : I did some testing. So with 35 liquid temp at idle, after running multiple R15's (and when I say multiple I mean more than 20) it maxed out at 45. In the first 5-10 runs it was hovering at 41. I know if I kept on going it would probably get warmer and warmer. I also think it gets warmer when gaming because of my exhaust fans being on top, it draws all the warm air from the GPU to the pipes.

Edited by fevgatos