Corsair Community

How to end a macro properly?

pleiades

Hello,

I'm a beginner and using CUE 2, I tested the macro and run it but was faced with macro that keeps on running. I don't know what happen, but it looks like its on a loop. I was able to take back control by restarting the computer.

The script is a simple

Press W

Press Enter

Is there a format to run macro so that it will end after its run and not loop?

Thank you!

Hello,

I'm a beginner and using CUE 2, I tested the macro and run it but was faced with macro that keeps on running. I don't know what happen, but it looks like its on a loop. I was able to take back control by restarting the computer.

The script is a simple

Press W

Press Enter

Is there a format to run macro so that it will end after its run and not loop?

Thank you!

It seems that it may be that you have programmed a macro which tells the computer that W is pressed and Enter is pressed, but the keys are never released, so some typematic autorepeat may be kicking in.

If this is the case, you may benefit from the following technique:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31288&stc=1&d=1506817354

Using the CUE macro editor to ensure that keystrokes are single lines in your macro file will eliminate problems caused by having your computer think that a key is stuck, because having separate actions for key press and key release, although autorecorded (in case you want to perform a keyboard chord) are not what you should use for a simple key press macro. Also note that I include a brief delay between the keystrokes, as the mechanical keyboard requires some time to perform keydebouncing.

macro.thumb.png.e6827288706958ce18760b0da9491f3a.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived