Corsair Community

RMA#604142 Can I ship to UK?

jamiea06

I bought a new CX500 PSU from Aria PC. The fan was making this horrendously loud noise. I had to chase support after 3 business days and all they said was return to Aria but then I found out about Express RMA and they approved that.

I have received the new PSU but I now have to return the faulty one. It wants me to return it to the Netherlands and not the UK site - why is this? I am going to have to pay a fortune shipping this back and I feel really out of pocket and it's not my fault the product I was sent was faulty.

Can anyone recommend the best way to ship UK -> Netherlands assuming there is no way on earth I can ship it to their UK branch!!

I've had such a hassle with this.

Did you leave them your credit card number with them as a part of the return process?

The reason I ask is because in actual fact you do not have to pay for the return at all. Under UK law if an item is faulty you only have to make it available for collection. Unless you have authorised them to charge your credit card in the event of a non-return, then all you know have to do is tell them to send you a shipping label and if they don't do that tell them you are not "required" to pay for the return. However, if you gave them your credit card number then stop the card first. It really isn't good enough that they expect you to pay for the return of a faulty PSU.

I allowed them to charge my credit card 100$. I have got a new part and shipped the faulty one back at a cost of £13.19 to me - it arrived at Corsair on Friday morning. I'm hoping to get my 100$ refunded back on Monday, or I guess i'll have to chase it up. I've had to chase this return at every step of the way, the customer service has been really poor on Corsair's part and all I did was buy a faulty product from them. Overall, I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Archived