Corsair Community

Vengeance RAM RGB Unchangeable using Corsair link despite setting SPD Write to enable

simplyshredded

Hey everyone,

I can't change the color or effects of my Vengeance RGB DDR4 Ram using corsair link.

They appear in corsair link (temperatures and timings) but don't have the option to change colors or affects (see image attached).

I have set my SPD write to enabled in the bios and it is still unchangeable...

Sorry for making a new thread, I know a lot of people have this issue however despite scouring all the threads in this forum, scouring the internet, I am still unable to find a solution.

Please someone help!

I am quite disappointed as I also purchased the 570x case, the 3 SP120 RGB fans and the lightning node pro, and these also do not function correctly am currently also awaiting a response on an RMA.

http://imgur.com/a/Pq5bF

• Corsair Employee

Have you installed the latest non-Beta BIOS version for your motherboard? When you get a chance, upload a photo of your CLink home page, and devices tab under Options.

Also, lets check your connections for the LNP and SP RGB fans.

SP RGB Fans

1) Fans are connected in sequential order starting from Port 1 on the (6) Port LED Hub that came with the case

2) SATA connection from the LED Hub is connected to your PSU SATA cable

3) Two wire interconnect cable is connected from the LED hub to the Lighting Node Pro

Lighting Node Pro

1) SATA connection from the LNP is connected to your PSU SATA cable

2) USB cable is connected from the LNP to a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard

3) Two wire interconnect cable is connected from the LED hub to one of the channels on the LNP

Alternatively, you can reconnect the SP Lighting controller with the (3) buttons that came with the 570x, and test to make sure the fans work. Try connecting one at a time in Port 1 if they don't work.

Hello Corsair Nick,

Thanks for your response.

I will see if I have the most updated bios when I get home, I hope this is the issue however I will feel very stupid if it is! Can't believe I didn't check this earlier.

In regards to the fans and lnp, I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough.

The lighting node pro and SP120 RGB fans are connected exactly how you have described.

The fans work, however they do not work with the lighting node pro. When plugged into the SP lighting controller they work fine. However when plugged into the LNP they do not. It is the 3 fans that came with the case. The 3 fans I purchased separately work, and the 3 that came with the 570x flicker and are unchangeable.

It is the issue widely discussed here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167374&highlight=lighting+node+pro

From my understanding the only method to fix this is replace the 3 fans that came with the case?

Thanks

I'm running the most recent bios for my mobo (0809). Double checked that my SPD write is set to enabled, have uninstalled and reinstalled clink multiple times.

here are the images you requested.

http://imgur.com/a/Zi3gO

Thanks

Have you installed the latest non-Beta BIOS version for your motherboard? When you get a chance, upload a photo of your CLink home page, and devices tab under Options.

Also, lets check your connections for the LNP and SP RGB fans.

SP RGB Fans

1) Fans are connected in sequential order starting from Port 1 on the (6) Port LED Hub that came with the case

2) SATA connection from the LED Hub is connected to your PSU SATA cable

3) Two wire interconnect cable is connected from the LED hub to the Lighting Node Pro

Lighting Node Pro

1) SATA connection from the LNP is connected to your PSU SATA cable

2) USB cable is connected from the LNP to a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard

3) Two wire interconnect cable is connected from the LED hub to one of the channels on the LNP

Alternatively, you can reconnect the SP Lighting controller with the (3) buttons that came with the 570x, and test to make sure the fans work. Try connecting one at a time in Port 1 if they don't work.

Archived