Corsair Community

Question on Water Cooler plug

t2mul

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm pretty new to this. I decided to finally get a water cooler for my computer, and I'm not sure where to plug in the water cooler fan and pump.

Water Cooler - Corsair H75

Case - Rosewill Challenger

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P

Where do I plug in the pump? As of right now, I have my water cooler pump plugged into the SYS FAN while the dual fans are connected to a Y adapter which is plugged into the CPU fan. No, I do not have a 3 pin to Molex adapter to plug into the PSU, so please don't mention that as an option. I hear people can plug it into the motherboard, but again, I'm really confused on which plug should go where.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm right. Can someone please verify?

Also, my rear fans are exhausting air. Is that correct? As of right now, I have a front intake, top 140mm exhaust, and I set my dual rear fans to exhaust.

EDIT: Other information

The CPU pump plug on the Corsair H75 is 3 pin, and the dual fans (which are connected to a Y adapter) is 4 pin.

My motherboard - the CPU fan is 4 pin, and the SYS fan 3 is 3 pin. I do have a SYS Fan 2 that is 4 pin available, but again, not sure on where to plug anything really.

I know the cpu pump is suppose to be running at full power. (12V) I'm assuming if I plug into the SYS fan, it should be running at full power automatically?

Any help is appreciated.

For your set-up, you did it all right except the very last bit. The pump may not receive a 100%/12v signal just because they are both 3 pin connectors. Those types regulate speed by raising or lowering the voltage and you need to go into the BIOS to set it to 100%. This is very motherboard specific so it's hard to guide you without one from the same series. While you are in there, set the fan curve to what you want for the CPU header. You don't need extreme speeds with water cooling and you can set a low value for low CPU temps to create a quiet desktop environment.

For your set-up, you did it all right except the very last bit. The pump may not receive a 100%/12v signal just because they are both 3 pin connectors. Those types regulate speed by raising or lowering the voltage and you need to go into the BIOS to set it to 100%. This is very motherboard specific so it's hard to guide you without one from the same series. While you are in there, set the fan curve to what you want for the CPU header. You don't need extreme speeds with water cooling and you can set a low value for low CPU temps to create a quiet desktop environment.

Hi,

Thanks for replying to me. I went into my BIOS today, and then I noticed that my motherboard has control for SYS Fan 1 and SYS Fan 2. There's no control for the SYS Fan 3.

So, I decided to open up my case again, and then switch it from SYS Fan 3 (3 pin) to the SYS Fan 1 (4 pin) connector.

I then set SYS Fan 1 to "Full Speed" on my motherboard BIOS.

Is everything right with that or is that okay? Do I have to do anything else?

Thanks for the help !

EDIT: My CPU Water Cooler Pump is plugged into the SYS FAN 1 (in case there's confusion in my wording. haha)

Archived