Corsair Community

500D SE Cable Woes

Florent

Hi, all!

First off, this case is freaking beautiful.

Second, I’m having some trouble closing the rear (cable side) door due to buldging cables. No matter how tight I’ve tried to tie them down, it just isn’t enough. Does anyone have any technique to resolving this?

Lastly, this case is freaking beautiful.

Hi, all!

First off, this case is freaking beautiful.

Second, I’m having some trouble closing the rear (cable side) door due to buldging cables. No matter how tight I’ve tried to tie them down, it just isn’t enough. Does anyone have any technique to resolving this?

Lastly, this case is freaking beautiful.

Have you tried splitting them into multiple bundles to decrease the thickness. I had issues on my non-500D case and I had to split some things off with some different routes. Also I mounted LNP and RGB Hubs in specific locations to help with routing. The commander pro was annoying to mount due to it's thickness or the lack of space behind the MB tray. I ended up saying screw it and throwing into the PSU basement with all my other junk lol. It was that or the desk drawer.

Have you tried splitting them into multiple bundles to decrease the thickness. I had issues on my non-500D case and I had to split some things off with some different routes. Also I mounted LNP and RGB Hubs in specific locations to help with routing. The commander pro was annoying to mount due to it's thickness or the lack of space behind the MB tray. I ended up saying screw it and throwing into the PSU basement with all my other junk lol. It was that or the desk drawer.

Thanks, I'll try for some better cable distribution!

And yeah, it definitely would help reduce some of the clutter by relocating the Commander Pro to that PSU area, so I'll give that a shot, too!

Thanks, I'll try for some better cable distribution!

And yeah, it definitely would help reduce some of the clutter by relocating the Commander Pro to that PSU area, so I'll give that a shot, too!

It is a balancing act, between case width, cable management and room for the GPU. I don't think I can fit my GPU in the 280X and other cube style cases, due to the water block on my GPU.

Lastly some magnetic tape also helps in mounting the units as you can easily move it. I hate adhesive and I am at least happy that Corsair used magnets on their RGB strips to differentiate them from their competition.

Good luck!

Archived